If a feeling of cosiness and love for natural elements are what you yearn for, then farmhouse-style decor is the perfect choice for your home
As the name suggests, farmhouse decor is a laidback decor style that oozes warmth and comfort to your home and has a natural vibe. Probably that’s why it is considered one of the most popular house decorating styles around in many urban Indian homes.
Here are a few more reasons to add to the style’s popularity:
- It is pretty versatile as it can easily blend in with your home’s existing decor and design theme.
- It is a family-friendly, down to earth and very approachable interior decorating style.
- It considers practicality, functionality and simplicity as priorities and decoration as the secondary objective.
- It has many different substyles, each of which has its unique defining characteristics. Some of them are:
- Scandinavian farmhouse style (minimalistic, less cluttered, breezy look, sleek lines)
- Industrial farmhouse style (refurbished and repurposed furniture pieces, more masculine look)
- Rustic farmhouse style (lived-in look, weathered furniture pieces made of natural wood)
- French farmhouse style (provincial-inspired countryside vibes, simple yet romantic and classy look)
What Are The Major Elements That Help You Identify Farmhouse-Style Decor?
- Architectural/Structural Elements: Hardwood floors, exposed wooden beams, pillars, king-posts, apron sink for the kitchen, open shelving, shaker-style cabinets for any room in the house, wainscoting, galvanised metal accents, big French windows.
- Fabrics/Textures/Dimensions: Grain sack, knitted placemats, light linen, slipcovers, jute rugs, chicken wire bins.
- Natural, Distressed Or Unfinished Material/Furniture: Wooden barn boards, rattan/wicker baskets or chairs, antique furniture/decor, reclaimed barn wood decor, rustic coffee table with a chest of drawers underneath, multi-finish wooden pieces, brick walls, old window pane converted into a statement mirror.
- Neutral/Earthy Colour Theme: Pale yellow, cream, sage, beige, tan, pure white with some pops of bright colour here and there like grey, brown or red.
- Open And Practical Gathering Spaces: Large living room, open-concept kitchen/dining room.
- Rustic Lighting/Decor: Heirloom pieces, iron lanterns, vintage metal signs (with short messages), pitchers, washed wood table lamps, spindles, wooden chandeliers, set of four candle chandeliers, pendant lights, bronze light fixtures.
Let’s now take a sneak peek into our collection of the best farmhouse decor ideas that are sure to leave you spellbound.
Country-Style Farmhouse Kitchen Decor
This open-plan country-style farmhouse kitchen decor looks like an absolute dream. The apron sink enveloped between the wooden shutter-style vintage kitchen island and the off-white marble countertop accentuates the overall look and feel of the cooking space. The white shaker kitchen cabinets with glass doors and the brick accent wall add a unique charm to the area, while the bar top seating near the kitchen island serves as the centre of entertainment.
Industrial Farmhouse Decor
This industrial farmhouse-style kitchen plays on the classic and bold black and white look. The wooden floor pairs well with the existing decor of the space and stands out beautifully in contrast to the white interiors. This kitchen has a more masculine vibe with the recessed lights and conical pendant lights gracing the ceiling and the oversized look of all the decor.
Modern Farmhouse Decor
This modern farmhouse-style home decor for the living room has a practical and casual vibe to it. The slipcovers on the sofa set create a soft and relaxed ambience in the room. This interior designing style represents a mix of old and contemporary designing elements such as the wooden beams on the ceiling, the swing chair on the window side and modern Edison bulb pendant lights. Statement furniture pieces make this living room a stunning focal point.
Rustic Farmhouse-Style Home Decor
The rustic farmhouse-style home decor speaks majorly of distressed wood as dominating structural element, be it the flooring, ceiling or furniture pieces. The space looks authentic, inviting and rugged, which sets its poles apart from other farmhouse styles of interior design.
Scandinavian Farmhouse Decor for Bedroom
This Scandinavian farmhouse decor for the bedroom is an absolute treat for your eyes, isn’t it? The warm light wood flooring, the cool white and grey interiors and minimal furniture in this bedroom make it look visually larger, brighter and airier. The large windows, the lanterns and the woven rug and baskets add the country-style touch to this space. This farmhouse style emphasises softer contrasts, clean-lined furniture pieces and simple window trims.
Also, check out Scandinavian Style Bedroom Design Ideas
Traditional Farmhouse Decor
This traditional farmhouse decor for the kitchen features a butcher block kitchen island-cum-dining table which adds a rustic element. It makes the space look cosy and comfy. However, it is mixed and matched with modern black chairs to not look outdated. It also represents the perfect balance of the desire for decoration and appreciation for simplicity.
That’s all there is! We hope this blog post has inspired you in some way to incorporate farmhouse decor into your home. If you need any more guidance, reach out to us at DesignCafe via email or call, and we’ll gladly help you out. We’re waiting to hear from you!
Also, check out Farmhouse Interior Design Ideas