Confused about how to set up your baby room and make it perfect for your little one? We can help you out
Whether it is months before the arrival of your little bundle of joy or just a few weeks left in hand, decorating your baby room is a task that should be your priority. You may want to stick to the common pastel colours, be quirky with bold shades or even play around with wallpapers. Adding the required furniture is also important.
All of these are normal because as parents, you will want to come up with room decoration for a newborn baby that is perfect in all ways. Baby room decor doesn’t just involve the wall colour, wallpaper or the furniture. It also means the creation of a comfortable space for your little one as he/she grows up.
The primary requirements in a baby room are the following:
- A Crib/Cot
- A changing table
- A cupboard/chest of drawers
- A comfortable chair (for the parent/attendant)
- Bright lights
- Curtains (to curb light as and when required)
How Do You Select The Colour For Baby Room Decor?
Experts often say that pastel tones such as baby pink, powder blue, light grey, lemon yellow or even white improve concentration for babies as they grow. Using bright tones leads to the sharpening of memory. Since contrasts are good, why not incorporate two shades into your baby’s room? Another option is to keep the baby boy room decor subtle in the beginning and bring in changes as and when your baby grows up. This applies to the walls, upholstery and furniture as well as floor.
The essentials for the baby room are the following:
- The Crib: Also referred to as the cot, this is one of the primary buys that you should be concerned about. This will be your baby’s resting place and all the snoozes will begin and end here. You could colour-coordinate with the walls or let it stand out with a bold shade. The upholstery too needs to look nice. Bedsheets and pillow covers in pastel colours will be perfect.
- The Storage Space: This is something you cannot do without. You will need a space to keep your baby’s clothing, diapers, toys, feeding bottles and any other essentials. It could be a cupboard or a chest of drawers. Again, this too can be colour-coordinated with the walls and other upholstery. Adding colours to it can set it apart, giving a nice contrast to your baby’s room. Ensure that you have large storage space as with time, your baby will have more and more essentials that you will need to store.
- A Changing Table: Some parents convert changing tables into bathing stations too especially when the baby is less than a year old. If you too plan for the same, you will save up on space in rooms that are small. Again, it depends on you to colour-coordinate it or give it a bold shade that makes it stand out.
- Wall Shelves: Instead of having a table to store essentials that you need all the time such as diapers, lotions and nail cutters, why not make use of the walls? Experts of baby room decor ideas suggest installing wall shelves near the changing table depending on what all you would be putting upon them. You could try this when you have a small room for your baby.
- Use Bins/Box Trays: You get them easily at stores while some have wheels for easy movement. While your little one is small, you can use it to store bedding, upholstery and later use them for keeping toys. They can easily fit underneath the crib without having to take up extra space.
- A Comfortable Chair: While you are awaiting the arrival of your little one, be prepared for those sleepless nights. Whether it is for breastfeeding or simply putting them to sleep on your lap, a nice and comfortable chair will be a blessing in your life. When your little one is all grown up, you can place it in your living room.
The Curtains For A Perfect Baby Room Decor
The room decoration for new born baby should be airy where natural light can be an added advantage. While light keeps your baby active and happy, there is also the need to darken the room especially when he/she is asleep. For the perfect newborn baby room decoration, buy light curtains and nothing that is made up of heavy fabric. It is easy to change them as well as pull and draw whenever required. You could match the colour or the curtains with the upholstery giving the room a perfect look.
The Floor For An Exquisite Baby Room Decor
When it comes to the floor of a baby’s room, it should always be soft. It shouldn’t hurt the baby in any manner. After a certain time, it would be their play area. Consider placing rugs or cover the floor with carpet. Some like to install wooden flooring which is child-friendly.
The Wallpaper For The Ideal Baby Room Decor
When it comes to wallpaper for a baby girl room decor, there can be a theme involved. It could be characters of the fantasy world, celestial bodies, cartoon illustrations, animals, birds or anything else that resembles children and their choices. You could use it on one wall and paint the rest or apply it to all the walls. It depends on the decor and what all are there in the room. The wallpaper should stand out and not be covered by furniture.
Baby room decor generally gets to be the brainchild of parents as it reflects their choice and how they wish their baby to feel in their room. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and get going with the decor.
Explore, more about