Make Your Kitchen Shine With These Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets
Typical of medical labs and restaurant kitchens, stainless steel kitchen cabinets are now becoming a more prominent part of modern Indian home kitchen designs. Read further to find out why they’re so popular and get answers to a few FAQS as well
A kitchen is the heart of any home because it feeds and nourishes you for a lifetime. Give it a sleek, charming and elegant look coupled with durability and reliability with modular stainless steel kitchen cabinets. Now, stainless steel can be incorporated into the kitchen cabinet structure entirely or even on just the doors and handles. It is completely up to you!
Let’s begin by listing down the benefits of stainless steel as a preferred kitchen cabinet material:
- It is long-lasting and does not require refacing as it does not wear out easily either by chipping or peeling
- It can withstand corrosion (rusting) and is water-, heat- and termite-/fungus-resistant
- It is quite easy to install thanks to its pre-assembled construction. You’ll need to just tighten a few nuts and bolts
- It does not require much maintenance, provided you wipe off food stains and fingerprint marks regularly
- It is versatile as it pairs well with other kitchen cabinet materials like wood, glass and PVC laminate, thereby enhancing the overall beauty of the kitchen
- It is eco-friendly, recyclable and hygienic as it doesn’t have any added polish/varnish on it, so it is not harmful to your family
- It is flexible as it can be customised according to your kitchen needs and preferences and the space available. However, note that the greater the customisation, the higher the price tag
- It is more expensive than wood but with the added durability and higher quality, the investment will be worth it
We also know that every material isn’t perfect and may have a few possible pitfalls, so it’s better that we’re aware of them too:
- It can become visually overwhelming because of its excessive shine, so plan properly before making the purchase
- It can be seen more as a fashion accessory in the kitchen rather than a practical addition by most people
- It echoes when the kitchen cabinet doors are shut and may also be noisy when it comes in contact with pans/pots
- It does show scratches and fingerprint marks easily so be sure that you’re comfortable with an imperfect kitchen surface if it is used quite frequently
- It is heavier than traditional wood kitchen cabinets
How Much Do Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets Cost?
The cost of a single stainless steel kitchen cabinet may lie anywhere between Rs 8,500 and Rs 35,000 depending upon the design chosen. The installation charges will be added over and above this amount. Alternatively, you can also buy stainless steel kitchen cabinet racks if you don’t use your kitchen very frequently.
What Things Do You Need To Keep In Mind To Buy Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets?
- Analyse the kitchen layout and measure the approximate dimensions of your kitchen cabinets before making any purchase decision
- Based on the available space, measurements and your budget, explore multiple options/variants and shortlist a few designs that meet your specific criteria
- Look out for kitchen cabinet designs that are more eco-friendly and technologically advanced so that you can enjoy the best of both worlds. Choose a shiny or matte finish based on the design aesthetics of your kitchen space
- Do a thorough quality check before making a huge investment. Make sure the kitchen cabinet doors are rust-proofed, open and close securely with a distinct click and have a sound and smooth construction (no sharp edges)
How To Clean And Maintain Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets?
Well, it’s pretty easy. Use warm water, a mild cleaning agent (alkaline/non-chloride) and soft cloth/microfibre to clean and wipe down your stainless steel kitchen cabinets. Use OTC cleaners to remove fingerprint marks and special oil to maintain the shine once in a while. Avoid using scrapers, wire brushes, rough cloth and steel wool on the stainless steel’s surface as it can create permanent scratches.
Finally, let’s take a sneak peek into the most trending collection of stainless steel kitchen cabinets that you can embellish your kitchen with. They’ll surely catch your attention!
Black Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets
These greyish-black stainless steel kitchen cabinets make a bold and luxurious statement in this industrial-themed open-plan kitchen. The stainless steel kitchen cabinet door handles provide easy and quick access to the stuff inside without much effort.
Modular Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets
These modular stainless steel kitchen cabinets give a very angular and sleek look to this U-shaped kitchen. Paired with glass inserts, medium lighting and wooden flooring, they bring more warmth and cosiness into the space. The large kitchen window brings more light into the area as well.
Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets With Glass Doors
These stainless steel kitchen cabinets with glass doors are a perfect option for those who want the shiny look of stainless steel without bearing the heavy price tag. These laminate kitchen cabinets are framed with glass doors and stainless steel fronts which allows you to keep track of what’s inside and softens the extra shine of stainless steel in the kitchen.
Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets With Ledge Pull Handles
These matte-finish stainless steel kitchen cabinets with shiny ledge pull handles give a breath of fresh air to this kitchen. The beige and brown-tiled kitchen backsplash provide the right amount of colour and texture in the kitchen area. You can also consider adding more colour to other kitchen elements to break the stainless steel’s monochrome look.
Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets With Sliding Doors
If you want to go all out on stainless steel and have the budget to afford it, then you can go for these stainless steel kitchen cabinets with sliding doors. We’re sure this look will inspire you to awaken the ‘Masterchef’ in you. They give an elegant and neat look to the kitchen interiors. The sliding doors allow you smooth operation and access.
Kitchen Cabinets With Stainless Steel Talbot Pull Handles
These large wooden kitchen cabinets with long stainless steel talbot pull handles give a unique and modern look and feel to the kitchen space. The handles are appealing to the eye and make the cabinets stand out. The copper pendant ceiling lights also generate visual interest in the area.
All in all, stainless steel kitchen cabinets can transform your cooking space from drab to fab and stylish. We hope this blog post has convinced you to incorporate this shiny element into your kitchen cabinets. Want more guidance in your quest to find the best stainless steel kitchen cabinets? Reach out to us at Design Cafe and we’d be glad to lend you a helping hand!
If you liked reading about stainless steeel kitchen cabinets, also have a look at kitchen cabinet design ideas