Setting up a home bar isn’t as difficult as it is perceived to be. Read further to find out ways in which you can design a striking yet functional home bar.
A personalised home bar design is a wonderful addition to your home. It acts as a social entertainment hub for family and friends, an escape for relaxation and provides a dedicated storage space for your favourite drinks and snacks. You can literally convert any unused space, room, or cabinet of your house into a bar which is simple, practical and fun and complements the overall design of your home.
How To Design A Home Bar?
Wondering how to personalise your home bar design and make it look good and luxurious? Start by finding some design inspiration from magazines, the internet and other primary sources and align it with your lifestyle, needs and requirements. You need to step outside of your comfort zone to create something that is different and extraordinary but looks like a cohesive unit in your home. Ensure that your home bar design is all about conversation and comfort.
There are certain factors that you need to keep in mind to design the home bar of your dreams:
- Location – Kitchen, living room, dining room or a separate bar room.
- Bar Top Material – Quartz, granite, marble
- No. of Drinks – Few bottles or an entire collection
- Bar Seating – Double seating or multiple seating, small bar stools, high chairs, ottomans, pouffes
- Bar Unit Design – Bar cabinet with shelves, minibar with refrigerator, bar unit with inbuilt glassware storage, built-in bar unit, wall-mounted bar unit
- Colour scheme – Light tones (white, beige, brown, green) or dark tones (grey, black, blue), wooden tones,
How Can Lighting Be Used In The Home Bar Design?
Bar lighting is an important feature of a home bar unit design as it literally sets the mood of the space. You can creatively play around with the lighting of the bar space to reflect your personality and style. Bar lighting also positively impacts the person’s emotions and senses and provides a sense of safety by allowing them to see things properly.
Here are some ways in which you can do that:
- Regulate the colour temperature (low colour temperature → warmer-looking colours, high-colour temperature → cool-looking colours).
- Experiment with the layering of the lights to make the bar unit look cohesive (high, low, mix of both)
- Choose the right level of brightness (bright lights → casual vibe, dim lights → warm vibe).
- Choose between normal light bulbs (energy-consuming) or LED lights (energy-saving).
- The type of lighting options you want to use in your home bar design:
- Ambient wall lighting – Recessed lights, neon wall lights, track lights, wall sconces,
- Accent lighting (over the bar/under the bar lighting) – RGB light strips, linear lighting, LED single-colour strip lighting, incandescent bulbs, pendant lights (large pendants, mini pendants, multi-light pendants.
What are some creative storage solutions for a luxurious home bar design?
- Portable bar cart
- Freestanding bar cabinet design
- Built-in minibar unit
- L-shaped corner bar cabinet design
- A dedicated and exclusive bar room
- Wall-mounted bar cabinet design
- Wall-mounted wine rack design
- A repurposed bookshelf showcase
- Kitchen island with dedicated bar shelves
What are the common features of a luxury home bar design, or how can you make it look luxurious?
- Incorporate appliances that make the process of preparing your after-dinner drinks easier.
- You can repurpose your TV stand into a small bar space by filling shelves with drink bottles and barware accessories.
- Keep your home bar well-stocked regarding the drink collection and the appropriate glassware at all times.
- Get mixers on demand (chilled water and boiled water taps) to create cocktails and hot beverages conveniently.
- Who says your home bar has to be all about alcoholic beverages only? You can also install a coffee maker, mugs and a baked good or two and merge this concept with an espresso martini-making station for your after-dinner drinks.
Here are some amazing home bar ideas you can scroll through and derive inspiration from.
Contemporary Home Bar Design Makes Parties More Fun
Hosting parties will become easier for you if you install this contemporary bar design in your home. It has ample space (whether vertical or horizontal) to store your expensive liquor and glasses. It also has a working minisink and a closed glass cabinet so that you can hide your bottles from your children when the house party is over.
A Full-Fledged Home Bar Cabinet Design
Want to make optimal use of any ordinary sidewall of your home? Opt for this full-fledged bar cabinet design which features a combination of a tall glass cabinet for glassware, a closed cabinet for other bar accessories and open shelves for displaying your favourite drinks. Install feature lights here and there to amp up the fun vibe.
Modern Mini Bar Design For Your Dining Room
This modern minibar design is your go-to option if you’re inclined towards having a light drink after dinner. It looks absolutely stunning and elegant against the dark grey accent wall. The set of shelves helps you neatly organise your aged wines and other drinks in themed collections. In-built accent lighting helps you clearly view and access the bottle labels.
Small Home Bar Cabinet Design With Refrigerator For The Kitchen
Demarcate a small space in your kitchen, preferably an unutilised space under the kitchen countertop and convert it into a mini home bar cabinet. This small home bar cabinet design with a translucent door helps you smartly show and hide your booze and regulate your alcohol consumption positively. It lends a minimalist touch to the kitchen space.
A Bar Room Design For The Home That Is Stylish
If you live in an apartment with a lot of living space and have the necessary amount of money to invest, then you can create an exclusive bar room for yourself. It has sliding glass doors on both ends for you to easily view its interiors and also distinguish it from the rest of the house when not in use.
All in all, it is important to find the right home bar design to up the ‘value’ of your hosting game and create an exclusive space to entertain yourself, your family and friends for years to come. Reach out to the DesignCafe team if you want guidance on your home bar design project.
If you loved reading about modern home bar designs, then also explore the following: