Create a timeless and aesthetic vibe in your home by merely experimenting with the colors of your curtains for cream walls. Go through some of our ideas below and take your best pick.
Cream is a simple yellowish-white neutral shade that can easily blend in with most shades in the colour wheel. You can choose either slightly darker or slightly lighter shades of curtains against these cream walls to create a subtle warmth or coolness in your space.
Merely changing the color of the curtains against cream walls can do wonders in transforming a room’s aesthetic beauty. You can also match it to an existing piece of decor or furniture to create more visual drama.
So, what colour curtains go perfectly with cream-coloured walls? Here’s our take on it:
- Green/Yellow – The overall effect/look is Pleasing, Bright, Mimics the Natural Outdoors
- White – Crisp, Fresh, Clean, Classic
- Grey – Sophisticated, Modern, Gender-Neutral
- Blue/Turquoise – Soft, Cool, Refreshing, Mimics the Countryside
- Lavender/Pale Purple – Ultra-Feminine, Cosy
- Pale Pink – Shabby Chic
- Sapphire – Traditional
- Brown, Beige, Coffee – Striking, Spacious, Warm
- Orange/Burnt Orange – Rustic, Earthy, Eye-Catching
We’ve also jotted down some useful tips that might make it easier for you to choose the right curtain colour(s). Enjoy!
- Pair a slightly lighter shade curtain for a dark coloured wall or a slightly darker shade for a light coloured wall.
- You can dress up your curtains with subtle tone-on-tone floral printed fabric or a striped pattern for a visually bolder look.
- If you want to keep the curtain colour neutral, choose another shade of cream that’s either lighter or darker than the cream colour on the wall to create a little more depth.
- You can even use two color shades on a curtain to create an amazing overall effect.
Want to get more guidance on how to choose curtains as per your wall colour? If yes then click here.
Body: It’s now time to take a sneak-peek at our curated list of curtain colours for cream walls. So, let’s begin!
Dark Brown And Beige Combo
This dual-colored dark brown and beige curtains for the living room with cream walls looks earthy. It subtly merges with the walls and also simultaneously stands out. The curtains also complement well with the light brown sofa and the lighted false ceiling in the room.
Light Grey Is Soothing
Light grey is one of the best curtain colours for cream walls. It creates a friendly and welcoming vibe in this modern living room. At the same time, it also aids the windows to bring in more natural light and brightness.
Olive Green And Brown Stripes
Want to give your dining room a more traditional touch? Opt for these dark olive green and brown-striped ruffled curtains. The cream walls give the decor a more noticeable contrast while the upholstery fabric spell rusty.
The Beauty of Pearl Grey
Don’t these pearl grey curtains look absolutely mesmerising? Paired with cream walls and wooden flooring, it lends a sophisticated yet gentle vibe to the room’s overall design. The cute lighting fixtures and sleek furniture are pleasing to the eye.
The Classic Black And White Look
The classic black and white duo is the perfect curtain combination for a cream-walled bedroom. It perfectly balances out the darker tones in the room and gives it an opulent feel. The pair of hanging lights also lend an industrial vibe to the space.
White And Dark Grey Combo
These white and dark grey-colored curtains look pretty elegant against the cream-coloured accent wall in the bedroom. They ooze positive energy and an inbuilt grace into the space. The white colour brings in coolness and truly complements the other colours used in the room.
Go all creative with cream walls and choose curtain colors that match both your personality and design aesthetics. Let us know how you’ve decorated around your cream walls in the comment box below. We’re waiting to hear from you!
Explore, More About