A wardrobe can make or break the look of your home, so know about the wardrobe dimensions to get the best wardrobe for your home.
Wardrobes are an essential part of our home’s interiors. An intelligently designed wardrobe provides ample storage space so you can keep your belongings in an organised way.
It usually consists of three basic elements: Hanging closet, drawers and shelves to arrange your clothes, accessories, shoes, and other essentials in a clutter free manne.
An efficiently designed wardrobe plays a key part in making your home look clean, organised and clutter free while the choice of material for finish adds to the overall aesthetics of your interiors. We bring to you all the details about wardrobe dimensions so you can design a tailor made one to fit your home, requirements, budget and preferences.
Dimensions For A Swing Wardrobe
Swing wardrobe or hinged wardrobe is one of the most popular wardrobe designs in any home interior. They look elegant and are easy to organise. They usually have two front doors with hinges so make sure you have ample space in front of the wardrobe for a hassle free experience. You can also opt for a single shutter wardrobe depending upon the floor plan.
- The single shutter can start from two feet width with a standard height of seven feet and a depth of two feet.
You can also accommodate a loft unit on top or opt for a floor-to-ceiling wardrobe as per your choice and convenience. Make sure the door panel is not more than 60 centimeters or else it will create a lot of pressure on the hinges.
Dimensions For A Sliding Wardrobe Dimension
Sliding wardrobes are space saving, convenient and trendy. Unlike hinged wardrobes they don’t need much space and are perfect for a small bedroom where the space between the bed and wardrobe is limited.
- The standard dimensions of a sliding wardrobe start from a width of six feet and can go upto 12 feet depending upon the floor plan, family size and requirements.
- The standard height and depth is constant at seven feet and two feet respectively.
- Depending on the width you can choose two, three or even four sliders, for your wardrobe.
Dimensions For A Walk-In Wardrobe
Walk-In closets are fancy, luxurious and a dream corner in any home. But needless to mention it requires a big space and is quite tricky to accommodate in small apartments. Nevertheless if you are a proud owner of a spacious apartment or a villa then you have all liberty to gift your home with a lavish walk-in closet. The dimensions of your walk-in closet will depend upon your preferences Are you opting for a single sided, double sided or island walk in closets?
- The standard dimension is a minimum of seven feet by 10 feet.
- A single side closet is about four to five feet deep and occupes 24 inches of depth with 36 inches as clearance.
- A double sided closet can have two 24 inches storage space on each side. It should have a 36 inches space in the middle so the total width can come upto six to seven 7 feet.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have much space in your walk-in closet, try using a sliding door wardrobe, this will help you save space and make your walk-in wardrobe look spacious.
Standard Dimension For Loft
Loft is the extra space above the wardrobe that can be used as an excellent storage area to keep away all the items that are not required on a daily basis. Winter garments, blankets and other not so essential items can be stacked away from your line of sight during the summer season. A loft helps you access unreachable spaces in your home and gives a clean look. It helps save space in your wardrobe for your clothes, accessories and other necessary items.
- A standard loft has a width of six feet and depth of two feet for adequate storage.
Standard Dimensions For Wardrobe Drawers
A set of drawers in your wardrobe is essential for storage and easy access of your accessories, delicates and other essentials.
- So if you want to opt for multipurpose drawers then a depth of eight inches is ideal.
- For smaller drawer and to utilise space for bottom shelves and hanging area your drawers can be shallowers with a depth of four to six inches.
Dimensions For Shoe Racks
Adding a shoe rack to your wardrobe helps save space for separate shoe cabinets.
- A standard height of six to seven inches is good enough to house your shoes, sandals, high heels and sneakers.
You can also customise it according to your needs if you have a collection of long boots or some designer gladiators.
We hope our detailed information about different wardrobe dimensions will help you design the best wardrobe for your home. If you are a little overwhelmed with so many technicalities we have end-to-end interior solutions for you. Our interior designs are tailor made to provide you with 20% more storage space and give you a clutter free living experience.
With the best of materials, perfect finishes and hassle-free process Design Cafe will make your dream home come alive and in your budget.
So book a consultation today and leave all the headache of dimensions and finishes on us. And for more such informative content about home interiors visit our blog and guide section.