It’s time to make your bathroom look spick and span with these bathroom cleaning tips. Check out this quick read to know how to make your bathroom sparkly clean.
Bathrooms are a pain to clean. We understand, which is why we’ve compiled these easy tips in our latest blog on cleaning and disinfecting a bathroom. It sheds light on all aspects of cleaning a bathroom — from how to clean bathroom floor tiles and how to clean bathroom glass doors to how to remove bathroom stains, how to clean the bathroom mirror, how to clean the bathroom drain, and more. So let’s get started!
Three Top Tips On How To Clean A Bathroom
There are several tips on how to clean a bathroom, however, we at DesignCafe believe the following are the most efficient.
- Have a dish wand? If you don’t, you might want to get one! It’s one of the best tools to clean bathtubs. Fill a dish wand with half water and half vinegar and give your bathtub or shower a good scrub! Voila! Your bathroom tub and shower cubicle will be shining in no time.
- If you’re wondering how to clean bathroom mirror stains, the solution is available in your home! Tea bags can serve as a great cleaning solution for the mirror in your bathroom. Just make a strong cup of tea and add it to a spray bottle. Spray and wipe. It’s sure to take the smudges right off your bathroom mirror.
- When life gives you lemons, use them to clean bathroom stains! The more lemons, the shinier your bathroom fixtures. What we mean by this is that getting rid of nasty stains from your bathroom fixtures becomes effortless if you give them a lemon bath.
Don’t know How To Clean The Bathroom Floor? Check This Out!
Bathrooms are one of the most underrated corners of our homes. A clean bathroom is a necessity to wash off your tiredness after a busy day. This is also the place where you start your day afresh. So it’s crucial to keep it clean and fresh. More often than not, hard water stains can make your bathroom floor look dull and uninviting. Check these hacks on how to clean your bathroom floor and make it a place to relax. Let’s start with a natural remedy.
1. Baking soda and vinegar: If your major concern has been how to clean bathroom tiles stains, mix these two ingredients up and spray them across your bathroom floor and wall tiles. Once you’re done with spraying, all you have to do is give it a good scrub, wash it off with some water, and you will see that the stains have reduced.
2. Toilet cleaner liquid and washing powder: Make sure you cover your bathroom floor and tiles with a toilet cleaner liquid and leave it to sit for about three to four hours. Add some washing powder to hot water and mix it well. Use a spray bottle to spray it on the tiles. Now cover the tiles again with a layer of cleaning liquid. Get sandpaper and scrub off the stains and then use a sponge for a final scrub. After this, wash everything with warm water and dry it with a cloth. You are sure to see a major difference for the efforts you put in.
3. Chemical Cleaners: The most effective method for cleaning stubborn stains on bathroom floor tiles is to use chemical tile cleaners available in hardware shops. These cleaners are highly effective and should be used only once in three months. You can spray the cleaner across your bathrooms and give it a good scrub before you wash it off.
Pro Tip: Always use gloves while cleaning as there can be harsh chemicals involved in cleaning products.
A List Of Bathroom Cleaning Tools That You Need To Have
The right equipment and tools play an important role when you want to clean a bathroom and toilet. Not only is it very challenging to clean your bathroom without bathroom cleaning tools, but it will also lead to unsatisfactory results. These tools can reach critical spots in your bathroom where your hands cannot. Missing out on these spots means leaving your bathroom half cleaned. So let’s take a look at the top tools that are must-haves to clean your bathroom.
1. Toilet Brush: You can’t clean your toilet without a toilet brush now, can you? It’s important to have a toilet brush placed in a holder that is filled with disinfectant. You don’t want your brush to get all smelly and add an unpleasant odour to your bathroom.
2. Toothbrush: Yes, you read it right! A toothbrush is a great tool to clean the rims of your toilet and also scrub stains of tiles and fixtures. Because of their small size, toothbrushes can reach places where bigger brushes can’t and ensure deep cleaning. You might want to keep separate toothbrushes for the tiles and the toilet. After all, hygiene must always be a top priority.
3. A Scrub Brush: Wondering how to clean a shower? The answer is a scrub brush. This is a wide brush ideal for hard surfaces. So this comes in quite handy when it comes to scrubbing the shower cubicle and tiles in your bathroom.
4. Disinfectant Spray Or Wipes: If you’re worried about germs and bacteria, always keep a disinfectant spray or wipe handy so you spray out those pesky germs or simply wipe them off.
5. Gloves: This is an extremely important necessity while cleaning your bathroom. Even the most sparkling clean bathrooms carry some amount of bacteria. So for hygiene purposes, it’s vital to wear cleaning gloves when you get down to clean your bathroom. Gloves also prevent you from getting any harsh cleaning chemicals on your hands.
How To Clean The Bathroom Drain
Dirty bathroom drains can drive you crazy. They breed germs and affect your health, apart from making your bathroom look unpleasant and stink horribly. Keeping your bathroom free of germs and bacteria is nothing to give a second thought about. To help keep your bathroom free of bacteria and germs, you can use baking soda. It is a great cleaning agent which is easily available in your home and takes minimum effort to clean a bathroom drain. All you need to do is add 1 cup baking soda into the drain and after a few minutes, add 1 cup vinegar. Once the foam has settled, add lots of hot water to flush the drain. Tada! In addition to this, there are various chemical-based bathroom cleaning solutions also easily available in the market that will kill bacteria in no time.
A Checklist On How To Clean Your Bathroom
Many people have checklists when they are set to go on a vacation. It is important to have a checklist on how to clean the bathroom, so you don’t miss out on any areas. Here is a simple bathroom checklist you can follow and tick off as when done.
- The sink you would want to clean this first
- The tub
- The shower cubicle
- The bathroom floor
- The toilet is the last thing you would want to clean before you wash all the germs of yourself with a warm hot bath.
Regular cleaning can help you keep your bathroom unblemished, disinfected, and smelling like a dream. We have listed the most effective ways on how to clean a bathroom. Do you have any good tips on how to clean a bathroom that we missed out on? Let us know!
Explore, More About
- Bathroom Designs by DesignCafe
- A Guide To Bathroom Flooring Materials
- Bathroom Floor Tiles Design Ideas