Make your east facing house Vastu compliant to bring in a lot of good health and happiness. It’s definitely worth the investment! Skim through our quick room-by-room guide to reduce any kind of uncertainties in your life.
Vastu shastra (the science of architecture) suggests that each place in a house has certain energy vibrations associated with it. The primary purpose of this science is to enhance the positive vibrations and deflect the negative vibrations in those spaces. If you’re interested in the subject, you might already know that a North-facing house is the best option and an East-facing house is a second-best option.
But the main question is how do you exactly define what’s an east-facing house plan? Well, it’s pretty easy. If you face the east direction while exiting your house from the main entrance door then you have an east-facing house. You can also use a magnetic compass to confirm the actual east direction.
Here are some of the benefits of an east-facing house:
- It brings in more luck and gold fortune to homeowners
- It brings in more auspiciousness, progress and harmony in your homes
- It brings in more focus, agility, development and creativity in all your endeavours
- It signifies new beginnings in life since the Sun god also rises from the east.
- It provides a well-balanced home environment for you and your family
However, just having an east-facing house plan doesn’t itself guarantee that you’ll receive all of its benefits in full force. You will also need to follow the room-by-room Vastu principles associated with it. You already know where we’re heading towards so let’s directly get into it.
Main Door Vastu Tips For Your Home
Make sure that your main entrance is exactly in the middle and not in the north-east or south-east directions when purchasing an east-facing property. A misaligned main entrance is considered highly unlucky and inauspicious for you and your family members. Also, keep your home entrance a few steps above the ground and use high-quality wood for constructing the main door. If you have the slightest doubt then don’t hesitate to contact a Vastu Shastra expert for the same.
Bedroom Vastu Tips For Your Home
Don’t design any kind of bedroom in the north-east or south-east direction. It is believed that Agni (Lord of Fire) resides in the south-east that can lead to fights between couples. However, you can construct the master bedroom in the south-west, and the guest room in the north-west. The kid’s room can be placed in the north direction. The ideal placement of the bedroom can lead to a lot of prosperity, good health and sharp intellect for its homeowners.
Make sure you don’t keep any plants or television within close distance from your bed. Mirrors also shouldn’t be placed in front of your bed as reflections of one’s sleeping body isn’t considered auspicious. Remove any chipped items and also don’t place a temple or pooja place in the bedroom. Sleep with your head facing the south for a good night’s sleep.
Kitchen Vastu For Your Home
Since the kitchen is a holy space where we prepare our daily meals, plan it in the north-west or south-east direction for increased peace of mind. Placing the kitchen in the north-east or south-west can lead to unnecessary expenditures and tension between family members. Within a Vastu-compliant kitchen, place slabs, shelves, fridge and heavier appliances in the west or south. Also, your stove should be facing east in a south-east kitchen and west in a north-west kitchen.
Living Room Vastu For Your Home
The living room (drawing room) is a space where you entertain your guests and spend time with your family so design it in the north-east corner of your house. This location brings in positive vibes into space. However, make sure that you don’t have to cross the kitchen or bedroom before entering it. And when it comes to the seating arrangement the owner should always face the north or east side only.
Dining Room Vastu
The dining room is a space where the family ideally eats their meal together. So, it should also be carefully placed within the house, best if it’s nearer to the kitchen on the same floor. In simpler words, it can be located either in the north-west or south-east corner. Avoid the other directions as it can lead to ill-health, stomach disorders and financial problems for the homeowners.
While eating, the head of the family should sit facing the east and others around him but no one should face the south. The dining table should be rectangular or square and not in any other odd shape. You can also put pictures of nature in the dining room to bring vibrancy and positive vibrations into space.
Pooja Room Vastu
The north-east direction is regarded as the esha corner, which also means a pure and sacred space. So, it is the ideal location for designing the pooja room (prayer room). It can also be planned in the east or north direction. Make sure it is located on the ground floor only and not attached to any bathroom walls in any case.
Vastu tips for the pooja room decor arrangement are:
(1) Keep it clean every day and equipped with only pooja-related items
(2) Decorate the room with images or idol of Ganesh and other auspicious symbols like Om
(3) Bathe the gods at least once in a week and place Tulsi plant within your home premises
(4) The person performing pooja rituals must face towards the north or east while worshipping the god
A bathroom is a space that is meant for cleansing activities. As per the Vastu experts, you can construct a bathroom in the east and west direction. However, ensure that there are windows in your bathroom for proper ventilation and the sunlight to enter as it is good for health. The floor of the bathroom must be sloped towards the east or north for water drainage. Avoid building the bathroom door in the south-west direction.
As per Vastu guidelines for East-facing houses, the staircase should be constructed in the south-east or north-west corner of the house. It should rise from the north to the south or east to the west (read: turn in a clockwise direction always). Ensure that the staircase doesn’t have any room under it and that the number of steps is always odd including the landing area as well.
Hang on my friend! Here is also some bonus information you’ll find useful in your house transformation journey.
Do’s For East Facing Homes
- Keep the east and north-side boundary walls slightly thinner and shorter than that of the west and south
- Purify and clean your entire home with mountain salt twice a week and also place a Vastu Kalash in the north-east direction to boost the positive energies in the space
- Place your main entrance door in the 5th pada as it will attract fame and respect. You can also use the 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th pada as an alternative in case the 5th pada is too small
- Avoid the remaining padas
- Make sure your plot is sloped from south to north and not the other way round
- Try to leave some more open space in the northern and eastern direction of your house to avoid any kind of buildup of negative energies. If not much then make space for a small balcony at least
- In a south-east kitchen, face east while cooking while in a north-east kitchen, face west while cooking.
- You can also follow Vastu colour principles for each room here to gain an extra edge.
Don’ts For East-facing House
- Avoid planting big trees in the east or northern side of the house. It can cause a build-up of negative energies inside the house. If they’re already present, consult a Vastu expert to correct the ‘dosha’ instead of cutting them down yourself
- Avoid placing a dustbin or accumulating dirt outside your main door entrance
- Avoid placing a septic tank, staircase, bathroom and any kind of bedroom in the north-east direction
Hope we’ve equipped you with enough rules and tips to make your east-facing house plan completely Vastu compliant from the inside out. So, go ahead, follow them religiously and make your house a ‘peaceful haven’ for you and your beloved family.
If you’re still in doubt and need some expert advice, head to Design Cafe’s website to book your online consultation immediately.