Marble is one of the most popular types of building material, especially for bathrooms and the living/dining room. Check out amazing marble bathroom designs for inspiration.
A bathroom is a personal space in your home where you refresh, relax and rejuvenate. Marble has a naturally-veined texture and looks charming when installed in the bathroom, be it wholly or partially.
Is Marble A Good Choice For A Bathroom With High Moisture Levels? What Are Its Benefits & Downsides of Marble?
Yes, marble is one of the best choices for a bathroom with high moisture levels because it perfectly balances aesthetics and functionality in the space. It also has its share of advantages and disadvantages.
- It is durable, long-lasting, and a good heat conductor during winter.
- It has a natural warmth and gives the bathroom a timeless and polished look.
- It is easy to clean and maintain with a soft microfibre cloth or mop, mild detergent and warm water. Read more on how to clean marble floor tiles in the bathroom.
- It adds to the marketability and resale value of the house as it is eco-friendly and sustainable.
- It is stone-friendly and versatile as it plays well with all other materials like stainless steel, wood, quartz and granite.
- It is available in different types (Calacatta, Carrara & Breccia), finishes (brushed, honed, low-gloss) and colours (emerald, black, grey, white, beige).
- It requires regular surface sealer treatments (6 months to 8 months) owing to its porous nature.
- It cannot withstand abrasive chemical cleaning agents and deep scratches.
- It cannot withstand high traffic, but it can be resurfaced and repolished to look brand new.
- It is slippery if exposed to high moisture levels, so children and older people must exercise caution.
- It is difficult to source high-quality marble, and it is also more expensive.
- It is more difficult to install than its ceramic tile counterparts, so professional help is advised.
Can I Use Marble In A Bathroom Renovation On A Budget?
When planning your bathroom renovation project and wanting to use marble in it, you don’t necessarily have to go all in. You can cover it up entirely in marble or highlight different areas for a more elegant and modern touch. Depending upon the budget you have set aside for it, you can install marble in the following ways:
Consider using large marble tiles if you have a small bathroom and small marble tiles if you have a large bathroom to make it look less visually cluttered and overwhelming. Choose a finish with high slip resistance for the marble tiles since it tends to get slippery when wet. Alternatively, you can install bath rugs/mats at essential spots.
BATHROOM COUNTERTOP AND SINK
Marble can be used on the bathroom sink and countertops as it remains cool naturally, so it is unlikely to burn with heat exposure from bathroom accessories such as a hair straightener or curling iron. You can also easily wipe off any spills or stains with a soft cloth. It offers exquisite character and veining, which other natural stones cannot provide.
Instantly transform your bathroom into a relaxing haven you won’t want to leave by incorporating marble on the bathroom walls, especially in the shower area. Pick up a contrasting marble colour, pattern and texture that enhances your brassware with luxury and depth. You can also experiment by covering only half a wall (floor to midway up) and not the entire wall.
The easiest way to integrate marble into your bathroom is through the bathroom accessories such as a vase, vanity tray or toothbrush holder. Synchronise your bathroom accessories with other marble details for a more cohesive look. Accentuate smaller areas in your bathroom with marble, such as the backsplash, vanity wall or bathtub, to create a luxury marble bathroom vibe.
Here are 6 tips that you can apply to renovate your bathroom with marble on a budget:
- Outline your budget, timeline and marble bathroom design beforehand.
- Do your own marble bathroom tiling. If you have specialised knowledge else, hire an expert to do it.
- If you are on a tight budget, try to upgrade or modify the furniture or the hardware you already have in your marble bathroom.
- Give the marble bathroom a fresh coat of paint to make it look brighter and revitalised.
- Install water-conserving and greener technologies to make your marble bathroom more energy-efficient in the long run.
- Keep all the previous plumbing and pipework in place so the remodelling price doesn’t increase drastically.
How Can You Choose The Right Colour of Marble For Your Bathroom?
Marble is a very versatile stone since it can be used in multiple ways to enhance your bathroom decor. The marble colour can influence the mood and vibe of the bathroom when you are using it. Choosing a colour scheme that will complement the marble tiles rather than clash with them is an important first step when coming up with an elegant bathroom design idea.
The most popular marble colours for your bathroom are:
- French Brown Marble (Comfortable & Crisp Look)
- Regal Beige Marble (Warm & Dramatic Look)
- Cream Colour Marble (Light & Breezy Look)
- Black Colour Marble (Bold & Stylish Look)
- Grey Colour Marble (Formal & Sophistication Look)
- Regal White Marble (Rejuvenated & Refreshing Look)
- Green Colour Marble (Natural & Tropical Look)
What Should You Consider When Selecting The Type of Marble For Your Bathroom Design?
To choose the best marble for the bathroom floor, walls or countertop, consider the following points:
- Ensure that the weight of the marble does not create any structural issues since it is inherently heavy. Assess your lifestyle and personal preferences so that you choose the correct marble for your bathroom.
- You may need professional help installing the marble tiles so that all the veining/grains line up evenly. The consultant may also help you arrive at the right pick and know about its proper maintenance.
- Choose mosaic marble tiles (with mesh-backed sheets) to give a better grip on the floor, and regularly polish the marble to retain its original look. These mosaic marble tiles are much more affordable than the full marble slabs.
- Decide if you want to go in for a marble type that requires regular sealing or one that doesn’t require regular sealing based on your home’s needs. To reduce the slip factor, use mats with non-slip backing.
- Assess the quality of the marble tile by turning it over and checking the backside. If a fissure is noticeable on both the front and back, then the marble tile may crack if something heavy is placed on it.
What Lighting Options Look Best With A Marble Bathroom?
Lighting is an important aspect of any bathroom decor since the bathroom is the place where most of us start and end our days. If the lighting isn’t appealing, then it can instantly kill the vibe of the space. Gain some knowledge on the layering of lights and the colour temperature for lights (cold colour temperature versus warm colour temperature) to arrive at the best lighting option for your bathroom. Here are some lighting options that you can consider to enhance the design intricacies and aesthetics of your modern marble bathroom:
- TASK LIGHTING – Vanity lights (4-light, 6 light glass fixture), bell-shaped wall sconces, recessed lighting,
- AMBIENT LIGHTING – Ceiling lights, retro flush mount lights, mini pendant lights, LED lights, uplighting
- ACCENT LIGHTING – Frosted opal bulbs, downlighting, spotlights, moody pendants
- NATURAL LIGHTING
Scroll through our collection of stunning marble bathroom ideas and see if something catches your eye for your next bathroom renovation project. Good luck!
Black Marble Bathroom Design
This black marble bathroom design looks extravagant and luxurious. The white veining in the black marble tiles and the white marble flooring perfectly contrast with one another. The glass doors demarcate the shower area from the rest of the bathroom and make the bathroom look visually larger.
Bluish Grey Marble Bathroom Design
This bluish-grey marble bathroom design oozes a Persian vibe into the space. The white bathtub is elegantly integrated into the marble platform and brings a refreshing and cool vibe. The translucent glass side panelling provides much-needed privacy for the shower room.
Emerald Green & White Marble Bathroom Design
This shiny emerald green and white marble bathroom design is compact and multifunctional. The white grouting between the green tiles lends visual interest and sleekness to the marble bathroom. Bathing and spending time here would seem like a tropical getaway.
Greyish Brown Marble Bathroom Design
Want a sophisticated and formal character for your marble bathroom? This greyish-brown marble bathroom design with a brown accent wall will be the ideal choice for you. It speaks of simplicity and modernity at the same time. The floating WC also saves a lot of floor space.
Industrial-Style Marble Bathroom Design
If you have a huge budget, you can opt for this industrial-style marble bathroom design. It features greyish-black tiles with heavy white veining, which looks extremely stunning and breathtaking. The pair of white bathroom sinks help create a striking contrast in all the drama.
Light Brown Marble Bathroom Design
This light brown marble bathroom design defines openness and tranquillity. The marble bathroom floor and walls together emit a rustic vibe into the space. The recessed lights in the ceiling and the inbuilt cabinet lighting highlight the beauty of the bathroom’s intricacies.
Light Grey Marble Bathroom Design
This light grey marble bathroom design gives you a feeling of being on cloud 9. The combination of light grey and beige gives an opulent touch to the marble bathroom, and the wall mirror panels visually widen the bathroom’s dimension.
Medium Brown Marble Bathroom Design
Consider intricate patterns and beautiful geomatics for your marble bathroom floor if you are bored of solid colours and standard veining. This will make it look more distinctive, exuberant and unique. Geometric tiles come in multiple hues and patterns to suit your personal taste.
White & Beige Chequered Marble Bathroom Design
White and Beige chequered marble bathroom design is an all-time favourite in home interiors. The colourful abstract wall art makes the bathroom area look interesting and lavish. The uplighting installed on either side of the vanity mirror highlights the beauty of the bathroom walls and makes them look coherent.
Yellow & White Marble Bathroom Design
Doesn’t this yellow and white marble bathroom design give you a summer feel? The colour scheme of these marble bathroom walls spells happiness, fun and play and catches your attention for good. Add wooden elements in the bathroom as a vanity cabinet to balance the overall look.
We hope your search for the best marble bathroom designs ends here. They are trendy, luxurious, and perfectly match your taste, personality, and preferences. So, if you plan to revamp your existing bathroom with marble and need some help pulling off the look, book a free interior design consultation with DesignCafe and resolve all your doubts.
Please do explore:https://www.designcafe.com/interior-design/bathroom-design/