Contemporary kitchen design is a trending style these days and is the perfect mixture of traditional, industrial and modern design principles
A contemporary kitchen design always has a very subtle elegance and livable feel to it which can never go out of style. In other words, it has a timeless vibe to it and is constantly evolving. But what exactly defines a contemporary kitchen design style? Here are a few elements that will definitely fit the bill:
- Metallic accents and warm textures that look welcoming in the form of bold artwork/decor, window frames, etc.
- Minimalistic and clean lines, flat-front and sleek cabinetry that is easy to clean/maintain over a long period of time.
- Hardwood, porcelain or concrete flooring with subtle textures/patterns make this kitchen design look luxurious.
- Ceramic, marble or glass backsplash and countertop tiles look graceful with the existing decor of the space.
- This kitchen design features matte black/stainless steel faucets and smartly integrated appliances/range hoods.
- Largely neutral colour palettes (beige, white, tan, etc.) are used with pops of bright colour here and there to create visual interest. One can adhere to the 60% (dominant colour) – 30% (secondary colour) – 10% (accent colour) kitchen colour guideline for perfecting this kind of kitchen design style.
- Uniformity and openness in design, high functionality and an overall horizontal orientation define this kitchen design style.
It is now time to dive into the most trending and best contemporary kitchen design ideas out there that many prospective homeowners are going gaga over.
Contemporary Black Kitchen Design Ideas
Contemporary black kitchen design ideas give a grand and opulent look to open kitchen areas. It contrasts well with the white walls and the green kitchen countertop. The sleek stainless steel cabinet handles lend a glossy and stunning feel to the kitchen cabinets and the overall design aesthetics of the space.
Condo Kitchen Design Ideas That Are Contemporary
This contemporary condo kitchen design is popular in small studio apartments. The kitchen walls provide smart and space-saving storage solutions for utensils, spice boxes, cooking aids and kitchen appliances. The kitchen station has a sleek and linear design which makes the space look compact and highly functional at the same time.
Contemporary L-Shaped Kitchen Design
Are you looking for a classy, traditional yet glamorous-looking kitchen design? If yes then this contemporary L-shaped kitchen design is the perfect choice for you. The grey and white kitchen cabinets pair well with each other and provide the much-needed contrast to the space. The beige kitchen island looks dynamic and acts as an attractive focal point.
Luxury Contemporary Kitchen Design With A Rustic Touch
This luxury contemporary kitchen design features dark wood cabinetry with a glossy finish that gives the space a rustic vibe. It also features a black-patterned kitchen backsplash, a huge and fully-equipped kitchen island and an extended dining table that is attached to its one end. The solid structure, wooden tone and concrete flooring blends well with kitchen furniture and gives it a sense of durability.
Another Luxury Contemporary Kitchen Design
This luxury contemporary kitchen design features powder-pink and white kitchen cabinets that give a soft vibe to the cooking space. The floral-patterned backsplash and the geometric-patterned flooring lend a considerable amount of visual drama to the area. Even the pendant light on the ceiling looks quite pretty.
That’s all there is! Hope this blog has provided you with some inspiration to transform your kitchen space from ordinary and drab to extraordinary and dreamy. For more information on the most popular contemporary kitchen designs and other kitchen design styles too, check out our blog and website. You can even book a free virtual consultation with any one of our interior design experts and he/she’ll be more than happy to help you out with your questions/queries.