The Colour In Your Guest Bedroom Matters
Designing a comfortable guest room starts with the colour of the walls. Colour plays a significant role as it acts as a canvas for the rest of the decor. It is best to opt for a neutral colour scheme so that accessorising later won’t be a mammoth task. Your guests need to feel right at home when they are staying with you and not in a cheap motel. Some colours you can play with
- Dark Brown: Pair it with pastels to bring in balance to the richness of dark brown shades.
- Mellow Yellow: Yellow instantly brightens up space,and when teamed with soft green, purple, or blues, it looks magical.
- Rustic: Choose colours with rich wood tones like champagne, lavender, dusty blue are great if you like all things rustic.
- Cherry Red: Red is known for its ability to energise a space. Pair it with rich brown wood or warmer tones like cream or ivory for maximum effect.
- Aqua: Create a tranquil environment with aqua and pair it with white linen for a serene, soothing effect.
Tip: Do not be afraid to experiment with colours! Mix, match and accessorise your guest bedroom so the whole setup looks tasteful and straightforward.
Also Read: 10 Best Bedroom Paint Colour Options
A Bedside Table Needs Attention
It doesn’t matter how big or small your guest bedroom is, make sure your guest bedroom has a bedside table. On this side table include a source of light like a reading lamp and make sure you buy or build one with an inbuilt drawer to store basics like jewellery, wallets or keys.
Tip: Add extra touches with a scented candle, a book, and a water carafe too.
Ample Storage To Store Belongings In Guest Bedroom
A guest bedroom must have ample room for your guests to store luggage. Use one wall to build wardrobes with lofts so your guests have abundant space to keep their clothes. A pullout tray filled with essentials hand soaps, toothpaste, and tasty delights will give a nice touch to the room and be appreciated by your guests.
Tip: Attach a long mirror beside a wardrobe and make it a mini dresser unit
Twin Beds, Colourful Quilts And Pillows
Twin beds never go out of fashion! A classic choice for a guest bedroom and a practical solution for accommodating more than one visitor. If your cousins, nieces or nephews visit often twin beds can be a lifesaver. Adorn your bed with colourful quilts and pillows for a cheerful palette with long, matching drapes keeping the vibe simple yet elegant.
Tip: Twin beds come handy for guests who aren’t couples, and the symmetry it creates will leave your guests envious.
An Artsy Wall And Furniture Makes An Impression For Guest Bedroom
Make your guest bedroom quirky and decorative with wall art or photographs to amp up the style quotient. It is inexpensive and an affordable way to decorate your walls. Design a wall gallery with photographs of some of your favourite vacations, a collage of a family tree, or mount a sculpture. You can even mimic a mural from a famous artist.
Even furniture adds a significant style statement to your guest bedroom:
- A chest of drawers will be a great addition as it gives you extra storage space
- An accent chair gives your guests additional seating space to enjoy a good book
Tip: If you want to save money then opt for refurbished couches and chairs, since your guest bedroom is not used frequently
Also Read: Latest Bedroom Furniture Designs
Steal these amazing ideas to design a chic and comfortable guest room! And if you have some crazy ideas to add to our list, let us know in the comments section below!