Explore stunning Christmas tree decoration ideas that combine a bunch of different decor items creatively
The countdown to Christmas has officially begun and we’re sure you’re busy decorating the house in the quintessential green and red hues to set the festive mood of the holiday season. Christmas is a fun festival that gives you the opportunity to think out of the box and have a good time together, not only when it comes to entertainment/celebrations but planning decor as well.
The most important centerpiece of any Christmas decor is the green/white Christmas tree (fir tree), whether it’s a real or an artificial one, since it has always been a part of the culture. It marks the renewal of the year as well as life during the darkness and adverse conditions.
Fun fact: The tradition of erecting and decorating a Christmas tree with different ornaments, lights, stockings, tinsel and bright colours was originally started in Riga (Latvia, Europe) in the year 1510.
However, each new year’s Christmas decor deserves to be different and completely fresh-looking from the previous one, doesn’t it? So, here we are with some ideas on how to decorate a Christmas tree. Just think of your fir tree as a blank canvas and unleash your creative potential to the fullest.
Best Christmas Tree Decorations For A Festive Vibe
You can mix and match the Christmas decor items below to create a unique look for your Christmas tree, be it traditional or modern. However, make sure the design aesthetic is nearly ‘perfect’ and doesn’t look underdone or overdone in any way.
The decor items you can include are:
- Tree ornaments – Coloured baubles (balls) of different sizes and colours, artificial snowflakes or cotton snow, candy canes, ephemera, tree topper, tinsels, holiday souvenirs, pinecones
- Figurine Hangings – Snowman, reindeer, elves, raffia bow
- Tree Skirts – Rectangular/square/circular, fur/plain
- Stockings – Handmade/readymade ones of different shapes and sizes can be hung around the tree to symbolise good luck, hope and probably some gifts from Santa Claus as well
- Wreaths And Twig/Citrus Garlands
- Christmas lights – String lights are one of the best lights that can be used to decorate the Christmas tree as they’re easy to handle and play around with, and also provide adequate ambient lighting for a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Classic Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas With Light
Learn how to create a beautiful and graceful glow on your Christmas tree in your living room with lights by following some tips and tricks –
- Consider the size of your fir tree first before buying the lights so that you have sufficient amount to drape around. The average number of mini lights required are 100-140 per foot of space on the tree. However, it can also range between 600-1500 mini lights if the tree is between 6 feet to 10 feet long.
- Decide on the kind of Christmas lights you want to incorporate
- Choose between large bulb lights, icicle lights, battery-operated candle lights, mini string lights or a combination of any two of them
- Plan on how to hang the Christmas lights on the tree – vertically/horizontally. Most of the decorators recommend hanging the string lights vertically (top-to-bottom)as it eliminates the chance of the lights falling down, easier to dismantle and looks neater too. As a thumb rule, plug in the lights and place some of them inside the branches and some closer to each other on the outside to create some visual depth.
Finally, it’s time to dive into our top Christmas tree decoration ideas to give shape to your very own Christmas haven that’s elegant, warm and welcoming to one and all.
White Christmas Tree Decorations For Your Living Room
Sitting in the corner of this living room, this white Christmas tree decoration is a delight for sore eyes. This decor element matches seamlessly with the white sofa while creating a striking contrast against the dark blue accent wall. Some Christmas tree decoration items have been seamlessly combined to create the overall festive look, from lights, crystal balls, paper cutting on the wall and some Christmas wall hangings. You can add another small Christmas tree on the other side of the sofa for some added drama.
Pink-Themed Christmas Decoration Ideas For The Love Of Roses
This pink-themed Christmas tree decoration looks unconventional but also gorgeous and cosy. The big pink artificial roses add the right amount of contrast and colour to the tree and pair quite well with the bright ball and pine cone ornaments. The cushioned armchair is quite traditional, royal and combined with the Christmas tree looks like a complete set.
Light Up Your Green Christmas Tree Decorations With String Lights
This timeless green Christmas tree decoration makes a style statement with the plaid accents, bright red balls and string lights in the background. The overall effect of this tree lit at night with presents is jaw-dropping and mesmerizing. The armchair and the lighting are such that they could drive you into a peaceful slumber in a few minutes. Add in some track lights and a neon sign on the wall for some more effect.
Christmas Tree Decoration Ideas Are Better With Ribbons
Decorating this colourful Christmas tree with ribbons could be a favourite among young kiddos. The simple cream and red bow ribbons and tree ornaments look vintage, elegant and also bring a fun and festive vibe into the space.
LED Christmas Tree Decoration For A Warm And Inviting Ambiance
This modern Christmas tree decor is all about lights reflecting in different forms. The string lights are draped around the Christmas tree for an illuminated vibe while small balls and stars are hung all over it to enhance the beauty. To add to it, we have hung star-shaped lanterns all over the living room and paired them up with some additional fairy lights. The soft yellow tone creates a beautiful ambiance making it a perfect place to have some nice time with friends and family.
What’s Christmas Without Any Snow?
Bring the snowy vibes indoors with this artificial snow-clad Christmas tree to enjoy a chilled vibe with your friends and family in the comfort of your home. Lace some white ribbons around the Christmas tree and jazz it up with some artificial snowflakes, warm lights and gift boxes. This all-white living room is symbolic of love, holiday vibes and much more.
There are many more ways than just one to deck up your Christmas tree this season. Infuse your own style and personality into it, see the magic unfold before your eyes and gather around to spend memorable times with your family and friends. Enjoy!
On this note, the team at DesignCafe also wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Explore, More About