No matter what all you put together to create a fabulous and impressive dining experience — prepare home-cooked dinner, get the drinks, dress the table with a crockery set — it remains incomplete without the stylish ceiling lights in the centre. So, check out our latest collection of dining room ceiling lights and take your best pick!
Ceiling lights in the dining room serve two purposes: they provide accent lighting while you dine and also provides ambient lighting to set the right mood and give your dining space a unique touch. It also helps you save the floor space (by definition) whether your home is compact or large.
If you’re confused about where to begin, we’ve listed out some of the most trending ceiling light options that will pair well both with high ceilings and low-ceiling dining rooms.
- Low-ceiling lighting options: Ceiling fan with lights, wall sconces, single pendant lights, flush mount lights, semi-flush mount lights, recessed lights and inverted pendant lights
- High-ceiling lighting options: Multi-level pendant lights, large chandeliers, cove lights, monorail lighting, semi-flush mount lights and flush mount lights
Factors To Keep In Mind While Choosing The Best Dining Room Ceiling Lights
Well, there are quite a few. It’s best to be well-informed before making the final purchase so that you don’t end up with the wrong choice and let your hard-earned money go down the drain. So, let’s get into it:
- The vision you want to create: Consider the kind of lighting that you know will go well with your style and the existing decor of the dining room. Make sure that you also think about the kind of vibe you want to create in the space. If traditional is the way to go, choose an intricate chandelier or use an industrial pendant light fixture to create a modern feel. Overall, it should look appealing and match the design aesthetics of the space
- The height of the light fixture: The height of the dining table ceiling light should be such that it effectively brightens up the space without much effort and also does not block the view while you dine and converse. Ideally, the distance between the light fixture and the dining table top should be between 29 inches and 37 inches
- The size of the light fixture: The size of the dining table ceiling light depends upon the width and length of the dining table as well as the size of the room. If the room or table is big, then you can use larger light fixtures, and if they’re small, then you can use smaller fixtures. The lighting fixture should ideally be 12 inches smaller than the dining table in all directions
- The brightness of the light bulbs: Consider the wattage of the light bulbs in your dining table ceiling light to ensure that you get just the ‘right amount’ of light in your dining room. Ideally, the total wattage of all the light fixtures needs to be in the range of 200-400 watts
- The position of the light fixture: The dining table ceiling light should be positioned right over the dining table so that the most important areas around the chairs and the tabletop are lit up irrespective of whether the dining room is enclosed or based on an open-plan format
- The shape of the dining table: The shape of the dining table somewhat does play a role in deciding which kind of ceiling dining table lights to use. For example, you can use round lights, hexagonal lights or monorail lights over a rectangular table and a non-linear multi-pendant light fixture or a chandelier over a round table
- The space in the dining room: Make sure that you have the measurements of the various furniture items in your dining room beforehand so that your purchased ceiling lights fit perfectly in the space. This is one of the most important steps because sometimes the dining table isn’t always in the centre of the dining room
- The concept of layered lighting: Many modern interior designers suggest using layered lighting to create multi-functional spaces. In simpler words, it means using more than one kind of lighting (a combination of task, accent or ambient lighting) in the area to suit different purposes and moods
Whatever lighting fixture you place over the dining table, add soft general lighting as well to create a more warm and comfortable vibe. Alternatively, you can use dimmer switches with the lights that let you have full control over the intensity and brightness of the light in the dining room.
We’ve also worked out a step-by-step guide with ideas that help you design your perfect dining room interiors. Click here to know more.
Let’s now take a look at some of the best dining room ceiling light ideas that will inspire you to revamp your dining room from an ordinary one to one that is extraordinary.
Pendant Dining Room Ceiling Lights
This trio of black pendant ceiling lights for the dining room will definitely take your dining experience to the next level as it contrasts well with the grey brick wallpaper. It looks sleek, minimalistic and brings a fun vibe into space.
Ceiling Fan With Light Is A Double Treat
If you’re looking for something multifunctional, has an impressive design and doesn’t crowd the room, then you can opt for this ceiling fan with a built-in light. The fans look versatile and can be easily accommodated in low-ceiling dining rooms.
Cove Dining Room Ceiling Lights
Cove lighting gives the false ceiling design a bold look in this dining space. It accentuates the woodwork in the room and makes it look more homely and inviting. The grey chairs and the white marble tabletop provide the much-needed contrast.
Elegant And Luxurious Dining Room Ceiling Lights
This white mini lampshade-styled chandelier acts as the ideal semi-flush ceiling light for the dining room. It not only provides sufficient light below but also acts as an uplight as well. It instantly dresses up your dining room and makes it look more luxurious and elegant.
Low Dining Room Ceiling Lights
This pair of industrial-looking caged pendant lights with see-through frames look gorgeous and serve as the right kind of lighting for a low-ceiling dining room. It doesn’t block the view and easily blends in with the existing decor of the room.
Starry Dining Room Ceiling Lights
This modern ceiling light for the dining room is the perfect choice if you’re looking for something rustic and minimal. The wooden block light fixture with the statement Edison bulbs hung at different heights make the wooden dining table set look edgy yet subtle.
Hope this blog post has given you enough inspiration to help you in the quest for the perfect dining room ceiling lights for your home. Choose from a wide variety of styles and shapes to complement the dining space as per your needs and preferences and see the magic unfold.
Also, if you need any further guidance in choosing the lights, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Design Cafe on email or call. We’re waiting to hear from you.
Explore, more about Dining Room False Ceiling Designs