Skim through our fantastic collection of purple curtains for the bedroom and make your best pick for the next makeover, one that will give your private haven the rich and winning vibe you have always wanted
Curtains play a significant role in the bedroom by giving it a complete and more refined look. Besides the standard brown and cream curtains widely available in the market today, purple curtains are also becoming quite popular.
Here’s why purple curtains designs for the bedroom are high in demand:
- They are visually appealing and seamlessly complement/contrast with the existing wall colours.
- They are versatile as you play around with different shades to achieve certain effects.
- They are available in the form of lightweight voiles (~fine soft sheer fabric) and heavy curtains (~blackout curtains).
- They can provide both warmth and coolness to the area as they are a mix of red and blue.
- They provide stability of mind and improve your concentration and memory.
- They help you heal faster and sleep better, as per Vastu.
- They are associated with imagination, ambition, creativity and luxury.
- They are a symbol of spirituality, passion, peace and wisdom.
- They bring a unique and distinctive personality to the space.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Choosing Purple Curtains For The Bedroom/Curtains For A Purple Bedroom
- Choose lighter shades of purple for your curtains so that they make your white/cream/light grey-walled bedroom look larger and give out cooler vibes—for example, lavender, lilac and pale violet.
- Use slightly darker shades of purple to lend a more dramatic and vibrant look to your white/cream/light grey-walled bedroom—for example, thistle, dark violet, plum, amethyst and electric purple.
- If your bedroom has standard-sized windows, you can go in for slightly short-length curtains. However, if the windows are large, you can go in for full-length curtains that touch the floor.
- Ensure that your curtains are at least two times the width of your bedroom window so that they hang properly and give a fuller look when they are drawn.
We’ve compiled a list of the most amazing shades of purple curtains for your bedroom for you to get inspired. Without further ado, let’s begin.
Amethyst Curtains For The Bedroom For An Airy Look
These amethyst curtains for the bedroom look pretty whimsical and airy. The short curtains allow ample sunlight into the bedroom and also provide you with some level of privacy. The curtains perfectly match the purple accent wall and blend well with the decor of the bedroom.
Black, Purple And White Curtains For The Bedroom To Introduce An Opulent Vibe
These black, purple and white patterned curtains lend a rich, deep and opulent vibe to the bedroom. The dark wallpaper makes a bold visual statement while the bed linen and rug soften the look and feel of this space. The fancy chandelier and the designer side table serves as the icing on the cake.
Dark Purple Curtains For The Bedroom For Increased Vibrancy
If you’re looking for something that totally cuts out the light going through the window at night or even during the day, these dark purple curtains are the ideal choice. They add a pop of fun and vibrant colour to the bedroom. Since the window is of the average size, you can use short-length curtains as shown here.
Light Purple Curtains For The Bedroom To Balance The Look
These lavender blackout curtains have been paired with white sheer curtains to balance the sunlight coming through the window. They bring an airy feeling and a sense of freshness into the bedroom. Contrasting with the bedroom’s light grey and white interiors, they make the space look extravagant and royalace look extravagant and royal.
Magenta Curtains For The Bedroom For Increased Gracefulness
These magenta curtains for the bedroom make the white bedroom look more graceful and sophisticated. Introduce hints of the same colour in the form of a medium rug and some photo frames to bring some cohesiveness and unity in the bedroom’s design aesthetics.
All in all, you need to choose the right purple shade for your curtains as it will give the finishing touch to your bedroom and tie all the design elements together.
Wondering what shade of purple curtains will look great in your bedroom? Don’t overthink; just get in touch with Design Cafe, and we’ll gladly sort that out for you.
If you enjoyed reading about purple curtains for bedroom, also have a look at white bedroom curtains.