The kitchen is important for most homeowners as it reflects their personal sense of style and way of living as well. Check out this blog post to know all about kitchen glass doors and also skim through our latest collection of modern kitchen glass door designs.
There are many ways in which you can enhance the existing design of your kitchen without breaking the bank. Some prefer going for glass door kitchen cabinets while others don’t mind experimenting with a kitchen glass door entrance. And why not? Glass kitchen doors look extremely elegant, classy and fresh.
Here’s why kitchen glass door designs are extremely popular:
- They add an extra shine and opulence to your cooking space and lets you easily see who’s or what’s inside.
- They are a practical choice as they give you the dual benefit of open shelving and solid storage space if you’re using it on your cabinetry. However, be careful that the glass door doesn’t face any heavy impacts as it will crack and break. In this context, have a look at some amazing glass designs for your kitchen cabinet doors.
- They are versatile and can complement the existing kitchen decor, be it traditional or contemporary. Glass can also be used in combination with wood, steel, aluminium and UPVC (unplasticised polyvinyl chloride). You can also opt for kitchen door glass painting designs to instil some character in your cooking area.
- They are available in different types and styles that are in line with your personality and needs.
- They are easy to clean and maintain over a long time. Just use a vinegar-warm water solution/all-purpose glass cleaner and a soft microfibre cloth to clean the surface from time to time.
- They make your kitchen look larger because of their transparency and reflective properties.
Glass doors can be incorporated in your kitchen in various ways:
- Based on the type of glass used: Frosted glass, transparent glass, leaded glass, seeded glass, textured glass and stained or painted glass.
- Based on the door mechanism and style: Bi-fold door, hinged door, sliding door, stacking door, pivot door, French-style door and Kerala-style half glass door.
Here’s a quick round-up of our favourite kitchen door glass designs for you to take inspiration from. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
Aluminium Kitchen Door With Transparent Glass
This simple aluminium-framed kitchen door with glass design works well with any kind of kitchen interiors. The transparent glass lends a pleasant vibe to the space and also seamlessly blends in with the wooden cabinetry and flooring. Just keep the glass free of fingerprints and smudges after you’re done with your kitchen work by wiping it with a soft cloth.
Bi-Fold Modern Kitchen Door Glass Design
This black-framed bi-fold kitchen door with glass looks absolutely stunning and makes a bold statement. It is made up of a series of individual folding hinged door panels that can be pushed to both sides of the structural opening using handles. It opens up the kitchen space and makes it look like a part of the living room itself. The industrial hanging lights and the white countertop and cabinetry tie the whole look together.
Hinged Kitchen Door Glass Design
Opt for this single-hinged glass kitchen door for a more balanced look and feel. It can also be used in cases where you don’t have much open/clear space in front of the door to accommodate a folding or stacked door option. It looks chic and luxurious with the glass panes sitting inside the huge aluminium black frame and contrasts well with the pale grey kitchen interiors within.
Frosted Glass Kitchen Door
This frosted glass kitchen door is a perfect choice for those people who want both beauty and privacy in their kitchen area. Since the glass isn’t completely opaque and is translucent, it lends a kind of visual drama to the space and is gorgeously enveloped within the white and beige kitchen interiors. The green potted plant also brings a bit of nature indoors.
Modern Kitchen Glass Door Designs With Wooden Frame
This kitchen glass door design with a wooden frame is a complete masterpiece. Why? Because it consists of two sets of sliding doors one behind the other — the wooden glass doors on the outside and PVC glass doors on the inside, which is quite a smart idea. All the doors neatly slide to one corner, thereby maximising the open space leading from the kitchen to the outdoor living area.
Half-Glass Kerala-Style Kitchen Door
This half-glass kitchen door design from Kerala is your go-to option if you’re looking to create an ideal balance between tradition and modernity. This single wooden door design with a combination of frosted glass on the outside and patterned glass on the inside looks quite sophisticated, warm and inviting. The light wooden cabinetry and the granite island countertop also complement the kitchen door and the indoor landscape.
Patterned Glass Kitchen Door
This patterned glass kitchen double-door with pull-handles mimics the restaurant ambience and livens up the kitchen space. It blends in well with the classic black-and-white theme and the steel dining chairs. The overall feel of this kitchen is instantly enhanced by the big chandelier and the recessed lights on the ceiling.
PVC Kitchen Door With Glass
This PVC kitchen door with glass acts as a visual connection between the main cooking space and the utility room. It looks simple yet sleek in this modular kitchen set-up. The grey cabinetry, white flooring and the tiled kitchen backsplash instantly uplift the interiors of the kitchen.
Sliding Glass Kitchen Door
A sliding glass kitchen door is also a popular choice among homeowners these days. It opens sideways instead of outwards/inwards, thereby saving the kitchen’s floor space to a large extent. It looks absolutely lovely and merges with the kitchen interiors giving a feeling of it not being there at all. The white kitchen walls, the small bar area to the side and the wooden cabinetry are a sight for the eyes.
That’s it! A kitchen with glass doors indeed gives a modern and stylish touch to your home. It not only brightens up the space but also surely catches the attention of your guests whenever they come by. Let us know in the comment box below which one of these kitchen glass doors will you be incorporating in your home. We’re eager to hear from you!