Take a sneak peek into our trending collection of sliding window glass design images and see how multifunctional and aesthetically appealing these window treatments are. We’re sure they’ll inspire you
A sliding window, by definition, consists of two panes where one is fixed, and the other one is movable. The movable pane slides along a track that’s also fitted inside the window frame itself, and this system easily allows you to open or close the window.
A sliding glass window sliding glass design, just like sliding glass doors, is an essential element of modern Indian homes. And why not? They help you seamlessly connect the interiors of your home with its exteriors and make you more connected with nature. In other words, they not only enhance your living space but also help in uplifting your mood and well-being.
If you’re still not convinced, have a look at some of the benefits of sliding window glass designs:
- They are energy-efficient as they let more sunlight enter your home and significantly reduce your electricity bills.
- They make your home feel more comfortable and cosy while facilitating enhanced cross-ventilation.
- They help you make the most optimum use of your space (big or small) as they do not require any additional clearance for opening and closing, unlike hinged windows designs.
- They have a classy and stylish appearance and provide you with a better/clear panoramic view of the outdoors owing to their sleek frames.
- They are durable, require low maintenance and are easy to operate because of the smooth sliding mechanism installed (fully integrated lift rails and dual brass rollers).
- Some sliding window glass designs also come in lockable options (double cam locks with a click sound when you open and close it). So, no more worrying about safety and security.
- Their airflow and ventilation properties make them an ideal option for tight/compact spaces. Enjoy that refreshing summer breeze now!
- They’re extremely economical and cost-effective as they’re built with fewer parts; plus, you can also fix insect screens on the inside to keep the bugs out without compromising on the air quality.
- They are easy to clean from the inside and outside if you’re on the ground floor. However, if you live on the first floor or above, then it is risky to clean them from the outside. In that case, it’s not considered an ideal option.
- They’re versatile as they can be easily paired with the existing decor and interiors of your home depending upon the design and material chosen.
What Are The Types Of Sliding Window Glass Designs Available?
- Types Of Glass/Glazing Used: Heat-reflective glass, safety glass, toughened glass, single glazing, double glazing, triple glazing.
- Type Of Material Used For The Frame: Steel, aluminium, wood (rarely used).
- The Number Of Panes And Their Mechanism: 2 panes (both movable), 2 panes (one fixed and one movable), 3 panes (centre pane is fixed while the other two are movable), 4 panes (two in the centre are fixed while the two at the ends are movable), sliding windows with a pane that tilts inwards, sliding windows with removable panes.
How To Clean And Maintain Sliding Glass Windows?
It is an absolute breeze to clean sliding glass windows from the inside, but it becomes quite a task to clean them from the outside. But who says it’s impossible? Here are a few simple ways in which you can clean sliding glass windows:
- Use a small duster or pointed nozzle of a vacuum cleaner to brush out any dirt or debris from the window track.
- Lubricate the machine track occasionally using machine oil to avoid jamming over time.
- Remove your operable windows from their frames completely if you want to go for a ‘deep clean’. Set it against the wall and use a gentle cleanser/mild dish soap with a wet cloth to clean the window tracker and the glass panes.
- Use a ladder/step stool on a stable, dry and flat ground if the sliding windows aren’t within your immediate reach from the outside. Clean them using a long-handle glass cleaning tool and soap-water mixture.
Finally, let’s dive into our collection of the most trending sliding window glass designs that many modern homeowners are going gaga over.
Aluminium Sliding Window Glass Design
This aluminium sliding window glass design is the perfect choice for the kitchen as it allows proper air circulation and cross-ventilation in the space. It brings in most of the natural light from the outside thereby cutting down on the need for using artificial lighting during the day. These sliding windows are durable and accentuate the elegant look of the kitchen.
Sliding Window Glass Design For The Balcony
This sliding window glass design with around five panes is a go-to option for those people living in apartments. These windows have a naturally strong profile, are extremely sturdy in nature and pair well with the brick wall on the side. They’re environment-friendly and also offer high sound and thermal insulation.
Sliding Window Glass Design For The Bedroom
If you’re fond of reading books, listening to soulful music or simply indulging in deep thoughts, then this sliding window glass design with a window seat area is the right fit for you. It brings a homely and cheery vibe to your bedroom and seamlessly connects the indoors to the outside.
Related Article Bedroom Window Designs
Sliding Window Glass Design For The Kitchen
Wouldn’t you simply love the whole cooking process every day if you were able to witness such mesmerising views of nature right in front of your eyes? We bet you would. This wide sliding window glass design makes the kitchen look airier and brighter, and also helps you make the best use of the horizontal kitchen wall space.
Related Article Kitchen Window Designs
Sliding Window Glass Design For The Living Room
This sliding window glass design improves the overall lighting condition of the living room. It complements the interiors and existing decor of the room and brings a luxurious and bold vibe into the space. The aluminium window frame also adds strength and durability to its overall design.
Wide Sliding Window Glass Design
This wide sliding window glass design with a black window frame can be a perfect fit for your living room or dining room area. They help you enjoy the view of your lush green backyard or garden to the fullest without any hindrance. The window frames contrast well with the interiors and instantly convert these windows into a focal point.
That’s all there is! Sliding window glass designs can indeed make your home much more energy-efficient, and at the same time, make it look more spacious as well. So, if you’re planning to install one in your living space and don’t know how to go about it, then reach out to us at Design Cafe.