A laminate door design is perfect for your home because of its versatility, multifunctionality and aesthetic beauty. Let’s explore more about them through the blog.
Laminate door design has increasingly become popular among interior designers and homeowners in the present times. A laminate door is made up of MDF wood layers, resin and cardboard that are pressed together under high pressure and high heat.
It offers a multitude of benefits, such as:
- It is robust, with a protective top layer ideal for heavy use and high-traffic areas.
- It is highly affordable and an excellent alternative to traditional wooden doors.
- It is highly durable as it is lightweight, moisture-resistant and does not need varnishing.
- It is easy to clean with lukewarm water, mild detergent and a soft cloth to dab it.
- It can be moulded well with other decor elements in the house, hence costing minimum effort.
- It is highly personalised as you can decorate it with texture/colour to produce different visual effects.
- It has a low production cost and is environment-friendly and hygienic to use.
Among the various types of laminate door designs, decorative laminate doors stand out as they enhance the existing design aesthetics and personality of the space. High-pressure laminates are more durable than low-pressure laminates but more costly than the latter. Laminate door designs are non-porous and water-resistant too.
Let’s dive into the most popular types of main door laminate designs. Make the best pick for transforming your home’s interiors.
Laminate Flush Door Design
This chocolate-brown wide laminate flush door design has a plain facade and jointless surfaces on both sides. It is water-resistant, borer-resistant and fungi-resistant. It has a sleek and stylish appearance due to its unique design and golden-painted grip handle. Choose between solid, cellular, and hollow-core laminate flush door designs.
Entryway Main Door Laminate Design
This entryway’s front door laminate design offers high durability and minimal maintenance. It is a preferable choice for homeowners owing to its carved designs and polished finish, which lend a distinctive vibe to the main entrance.
Modern Wooden Laminate Door Design
This modern wooden laminate door design for the living room looks classy. The wooden door design has thin steel panels horizontally inserted at equal distances to bring some vibrancy. It integrates seamlessly with the living room furniture and wall decor.
Double Door Laminate Design for Entryway Wardrobe
This double-door laminate design looks brilliant in the entryway. These double doors give your home a timeless and dignified feel while making a bold statement at the main entrance. The soft colour tone of the wardrobe blends well with the nearby wooden elements.
Bedroom Door Laminate Design
This dark brown laminate door design stands out distinctively in the white-themed bedroom. It also complements the pink wardrobe and the bedding space. The recessed ceiling lights accentuate the bedroom door’s intricacies, and the wall artwork adds visual interest.
Sliding Door Laminate Design Wardrobe
We bet you can’t resist taking a second glance at this classic white sliding door laminate design wardrobe. The large wooden bedroom door lends a splash of aesthetics to the space, and the light grey sofa grounds the room further. The sliding door mechanism allows easy movement without restricting foot space in the room. It is a very useful addition even for main doors for homes with less space.
Modern laminate door designs can suffer from several common problems, such as loose locks and hinges, peeling from heat/moisture exposure, and dents and scratches usually caused by accidental and heavy impacts. However, you need not worry as laminate doors can be easily repaired at home provided you have the necessary repair materials and tools, such as a putty knife, wood filler, laminate repair paste, drill, heat gun and sandpaper. Apply the following tips for damage repair:
- LOOSE HINGES/SCREWS/LOCKS – Check the locks and hinges/screws every six months and perform an extensive maintenance routine once a year.
- LAMINATE PEELING – Remove any loose/peeling laminate using a putty knife. Apply the laminate repair paste to the exposed area and heat using a heat gun until dry. Sand the area down once the surface has dried to create a smooth surface, and then paint over it with a matching colour.
- SCRATCHES/DENTS – Clean the affected area thoroughly and allow it to dry. After that, apply a small amount of wood filler/paste to the scratched area using a putty knife to ensure it is levelled with the door’s surface. Once the area has dried, sand it and paint it with matching colour. This serves well for minor scratches only. For deeper scratches, a putty knife can fill the scratches with the laminate repair paste.
Do hire a professional for laminate door repairs if the damage is beyond your safety and expertise.
Have you been inspired enough by the laminate door designs to make an informed decision for your home transformation project? Book a virtual consultation with DesignCafe immediately for a doubt resolution session.
FAQs On Main Door Laminate Designs
Can Laminate Doors Be Customised To Match Different Interior Styles?
Yes, laminate door designs can be customised to suit the homeowner’s specific interior design requirements. Depending on the materials used and the structure, different laminate doors can offer different insulation levels and soundproofing. If you want a real wood-like texture for your laminate door, you can pick a colour that resembles mahogany or oak wood for the artificial top layer of the laminate door design.
How Do Laminate Doors Compare With Solid Wood Doors?
SOLID WOOD DESIGN DOORS
- They are made up of real wood/wood veneer.
- They provide an authentic and distinctive appearance.
- They are more expensive than laminate door designs.
- They have less variety than laminate door designs ( reconstituted wood | raw wood | wood on wood).
- They are prone to scratches/cracks and are slightly porous.
- They have fewer colour options that you can choose from.
- They do need polishing from time to time to retain their original shine.
- They are less sturdy and durable.
LAMINATE DESIGN DOORS
- They are made up of MDF covered with a decorative laminate layer.
- They mimic the look of natural and organic wood/wood grains.
- They are less expensive than solid wood door designs.
- They have more variety than solid wood door designs (high-gloss | textured | smooth).
- They are scratch-resistant, moisture-resistant and less prone to damage.
- They have greater colour options that you can choose from.
- They do not need polishing occasionally to retain their original shine.
- They are sturdy and durable.
Can Laminate Doors Be Repaired If They Get Damaged?
Yes, laminate doors can be repaired if they get damaged. However, do hire a professional for a more nuanced job.
What Are The Popular Colour Options For Laminate Doors?
Picking the right colour for the laminate door design is important in doing justice to your home’s interior design. The overall aesthetics of the room, coordination with the existing decor and colour scheme, the core purpose, the amount of light, and your style/taste help define the colour for your laminate door design.
- Darker colours make a space feel visually smaller and warmer.
- Lighter colours make a room feel larger and brighter.
- Choose bold colours such as bronze, brown and black for a more vibrant look.
- Choose neutral colours such as grey, beige and white for a minimalist look.
- Darker shades have the potential to show dents/scratches/dirt/stains less easily.
- Lighter colours have the potential to show dents/scratches/dirt/stains more easily.