A ceiling is the single most expansive surface in your living space. Decorate it luxuriously or on a friendly budget to bring freshness and new life to it.
A ceiling is considered by many to be the fifth wall of the home. You can make it stand out as a stunning feature and a possible conversation starter by incorporating subtle or sophisticated ceiling decor designs on it. Decorate it with paint, wallpaper, lights, false ceilings and much more to give it an instant boost and a unique look. You can experiment with the ceiling in your dining room, living room, hall or even your bedroom as there are endless possibilities.
Here are a few tips to keep handy while designing your ceilings:
- Lighting: Use chandeliers or structured pendant lights to dress up your ceiling in the social spaces of the house and use recessed lights or track lights in your bedroom for a more relaxed feel.
- Paint: Use warm-toned paints to bring in more warmth and cosiness into your house and use cool-toned paints to make your room appear larger and airier.
- Wallpaper: Use peel and stick decals on your ceiling rather than fabric or vinyl wallpaper as they are easier to install and more durable as well.
- False ceiling: POP false ceilings, cove false ceilings and wooden false ceilings are trending these days. Use pop colours like blue or yellow to uplift the vibe of your living space.
- Other decors: Use vases, decorative accessories, upholstery and throw pillows in the same colour family as that of your ceiling to create a more cohesive theme for your room. However, be careful not to go overboard with it as the final result can look overwhelming.
Finally, it’s time to dig into our amazing collection of ceiling decoration ideas that can be implemented anywhere in the house to make it more visually appealing.
Dome-Shaped False Ceiling Decoration
This dome-shaped false ceiling design for the living room looks grand and opulent. This type of false ceiling typically consists of an arch of different depths to give it a more three-dimensional look and hence, requires more vertical height and associated floor space to be installed.
High-Gloss Black LED Fan Ceiling Decoration For Bedroom
Add a refreshing and functional vibe to your bedroom with this high-gloss black LED fan. Its aerodynamic and contoured vanes lend a bold and sophisticated look to the space while the bright LED light in the middle provides additional illumination.
Innovative Ceiling Hanging Decor
This innovative, golden ceiling hanging decor with tiny lights looks quite quirky and aesthetically pretty. It complements the rest of the bedroom and creates some visual drama as well. The modern bedroom ceiling design ties the whole look of the space together.
Lace Basket Lights Ceiling Decoration
This pair of lace basket lights brings a fresh new perspective into the open-plan dining and living area. It stands in stark contrast against the turquoise-toned walls, bamboo ceiling, wooden shelves, dining table and chairs. The green potted plants also add a pop of nature into the living space.
Rattan Bird’s Nest Light Ceiling Decoration
This rattan bird’s nest light is a sight for sore eyes. It looks so natural and realistic in this off-white and beige-themed dining room. It adds a rustic and textured feel to the space as well. The large window on the side lets some natural light pour into the area and makes it look expansive.
Wooden Panels Ceiling Decoration For Living Room
This white ceiling with wooden panels spaced horizontally at equal distances evokes a traditional look and feel in this open-plan dining and living room. The panel of recessed lights installed at a 90-degree angle to these wooden panels bring symmetry and sleekness into the interiors.
Wallpaper Ceiling Decoration
Yes, you heard it right. Wallpapers can be installed on the ceiling too. The look of this plain, white-themed living area is accentuated by the gold and white geometric wallpaper and a traditional chandelier. It looks quite gorgeous and visually stunning and pairs well with the wooden furniture in the room.
High-Gloss Black Reflective Ceiling Decoration
This high-gloss black reflective ceiling decoration is a perfect choice for those people who want to induce a more formal vibe into their living room. The black colour of the ceiling blends well with the patterned sidewall, light fixtures and cushions and its reflective gloss also make the ceiling look higher than it already is.
That’s it for now! We hope this blog post inspires you enough to transform your ordinary home into a dream home. So, what are you waiting for? Choose a particular style or design for your ceiling and let your imagination and creativity unfold. Let us also know about your home transformation stories in the comment box below. We’d love to hear from you!
Explore, More About
- Different Types Of False Ceiling Materials
- False Ceiling Colour Combinations
- False Ceiling Designs for Bedroom