Kitchen organisation in Indian homes is a daunting task owing to the complex meals that we prepare daily. One often struggles to store food ingredients and cooking implements and more often than not, also finds them spilling over to the countertop or even the dining room
A modular kitchen pantry cabinet is an extremely functional space as it provides you with ample storage for all your cooking-related items so that you can find them easily and conveniently. You can choose from a variety of different styles right from a freestanding tall unit to a slide-out/pull-out pantry cabinet tucked away in an unused corner to a walk-in pantry and much more.
A kitchen pantry cabinet makes your kitchen look more stylish, luxurious and ergonomic. It also frees up the countertop and other cabinets for more important appliances/items and workspace. Sometimes, a kitchen pantry may also extend into the utility room if you’re living in a compact home/apartment.
Before we get into the most trending modular kitchen pantry cabinet designs, let’s first answer some FAQs.
Don’t have enough space in the kitchen for a full-fledged pantry unit but still want to make it more organised? No worries! We’ve compiled a few useful kitchen organisation tricks to help you get rid of the clutter anxiety for good. Here they are:
- You can alternate between exposed wooden shelves and closed cabinets to accommodate the prettiest and the not-so-pretty kitchen items, respectively
- Use organisers in your kitchen cabinets and complement them with a basket storage option so that everything has its own place and can be easily found when you require it. You can also store smaller items in bins
- Make sure you label your containers according to the items stored in them, so that the next time you want anything, you can simply read the label and pick it up instead of rummaging through the entire cabinet
- Organise your kitchen into different zones based on the types of activity you do so that it becomes a lot easier for you to navigate around in the kitchen at the time of peak traffic
- Add a riser for bowls and plates and nestle the wine glasses by alternating their position to make more space in your kitchen cabinets for other things. Add pull-out pantry drawers in the kitchen for stacking big pans and pots easily
- Turn to your blank kitchen walls and create some extra pantry storage by mounting a few extra shelves and adding a rail to hang kitchen implements
- Invest in a small and smart utility cart/island on wheels to hold your boxed ingredients, canned goods and related stuff so that it can be moved around the kitchen wherever and whenever you need it. You can also explore other mobile storage options as well
- Repurpose other types of storage units like an empty bookshelf or a small freestanding almirah as a kitchen pantry cabinet. It not only provides you with extra storage space but also adds a fun touch to an otherwise industrial-looking and boring kitchen
- Check out more ways to maximise the storage space in your kitchen by clicking here.
How To Turn Your Existing Kitchen Cabinets Into A Pantry?
In reality, kitchen cabinets don’t naturally work as pantries; rather, you have to organise them intelligently to transform them into one. You can follow the SPACE method religiously to achieve the transformation:
- Sort: Sort all items into logical categories
- Purge: Get rid of items that aren’t usable any longer or are not worth keeping
- Assess: Assess which items need dedicated containers, bins, etc. and visualise what could be stored where
- Contain: Make adjustments in the kitchen cabinets by shifting shelves to create optimal space between them
- Embellish: Label your containers and shelves once they’re completely organised into the optimised space
It’s now time to dive into some amazing kitchen pantry cabinet ideas. Skim through them and take your best pick.
Designer Kitchen Pantry Cabinet
These designer kitchen pantry cabinets are a sight for sore eyes. They are a combination of open shelves, slide-out drawers and pull-up cabinets which make it very convenient to organise kitchen items and see them clearly. They are a smart alternative to floor-to-ceiling tall units as they give a cleaner look to the kitchen space.
Freestanding Kitchen Pantry Stand
A freestanding kitchen pantry stand with open shelves is a perfect choice for those who struggle with tight cabinet spaces. It can be used to store and display china dishes, pots, jars, dry food items, etc. in style. It can also be moved from one place in the kitchen to another (if need be) and cleaning them is also a breeze.
Kitchen Pantry Cabinet With Pull-Out Shelves
These kitchen pantry cabinets with pull-out shelves make working in the kitchen a completely delightful experience. Put in a few extra open shelves at varying heights and they give you ample space to display masalas, jams and other bottled items. This gives you enough free counter space to whip up delicious meals.
Kitchen Pantry Cabinet With Sliding Translucent Glass Doors
These kitchen pantry cabinets with sliding translucent glass doors have been ergonomically designed. Their smooth-as-silk channels are very even, easy to handle and also help you keep your kitchen pantry chaos out of sight. They also give a timeless and sophisticated look to the kitchen space.
Walk-In Kitchen Pantry With Multiple Shelves
If living large is your personal style and in case your house has enough space, you can go in for a walk-in pantry with multiple shallow shelves instead of incorporating a small pantry area within your kitchen. A walk-in pantry allows you to line your food items, big appliances and kitchen accessories side by side so that you can see and access them when you need to.
Wooden Kitchen Pantry Cabinet
This tall and freestanding wooden kitchen pantry cabinet with open shelves provides you with plenty of space to store your spices, biscuits and other small dry food items neatly. It also gives you easy access to the items at the back because the shelves aren’t too deep inside. Hence, it is an ideal option for small kitchens.
All in all, kitchen pantry cabinets are truly a boon for modern Indian homes. They help us make optimal use of every inch of available space in the kitchen as they’re versatile and can be designed according to your needs and personal style. So, what are you waiting for? Incorporate one into your kitchen and experience organisation heaven!
Want to know more unique pantry cabinet design ideas for your kitchen space? Reach out to us at Design Cafe and we’d be happy to help you out.
Explore, more about Kitchen Cabinet Design Ideas