Missing the green touch in your home? Check out these easy home garden decor ideas to bring a bit of nature indoors.
Decorating a home with greens is not very new in interior decoration. But, the popularity and adoption of home garden decor reached a new height during the pandemic when all of us were stuck indoors. People realized the tremendous value a garden and greens add to our day-to-day lives. It is not just for life-saving oxygen, we also discovered the calm feeling that trees provide while meditating indoors or doing yoga at home.
But having an open courtyard is a luxury to most city-life-loving Indians. Hence, we have brought interesting ways you can add greenery to your abode. Keep reading if you, too, are a plant parent and looking for some home garden decor ideas.
Moss Wall Hangings Make For Unique Home Garden Decor
If you do not have enough space on the floor to place planters or pots with trees for home garden decor, put them on the wall, as you can see in the image below. It’s a genius way of decorating the empty walls in your home that’s also much more cost-effective. Moss can survive in low-light areas, hence making it a perfect choice for indoor wall hanging.
A Green Wall Garden Decoration At Home For Proud Plant Parents
If you are an avid plant lover, this home garden decor is for you. If you think hanging or freestanding planters are too mainstream, give the green wall a try. Climber plants, herbs or ferns are great choices for an indoor green wall.
Home Garden Decoration Plants For The Bedroom
A few plants here and there in the bedroom make the space very much lively. Hence, we recommend investing in some beautiful decorative planters to up your home gardening game. A combination of hanging and freestanding planters in various sizes and materials is a great way to glam up your bedroom with home garden decoration plants.
Ace Home Garden Decor Vertically On The Balcony
If you are one of the fortunate ones with a big balcony, don’t think twice about building yourself a vertical garden. They are space efficient and easy to manage. The vertical home garden in the image below makes this balcony feel like an oasis amid the concrete jungle. It is the perfect spot for chilling and enjoying the evening breeze or soaking in the morning sunshine.
Upgrade Your Balcony With Hanging Garden Decoration At Home
A great way of decorating your balcony is installing a false ceiling from which you can hang lush green vines. It adds another dimension to the look and feel of your home. In the balcony shown in the image below, the vines are wrapped around the extended false ceiling while the hanging planters make the balcony a plant oasis. Imagine spending your evenings in the lounge chair, relaxing with a glass of wine in this space!
Also, Check Out Balcony Garden Design Ideas
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Garden Decor
What are some recommended home garden accessories?
To instantly transform your home garden in the most affordable way, you should consider:
- Laying artificial grass on the floor (if you don’t have a backyard)
- Spray painting your planters in bright colours or DIYing them
- Hanging fairy lights as home garden accessories
- Creating boundaries with white stones
- Setting up a cosy seating space with additional storage for blankets for chilly evenings
- DIYing a water fountain in a corner for the calming sound of flowing water
How can I make my home garden decor look regal?
People around the world are obsessed with British royalty. Why not! Their lives are as fabulous as they are secretive. Their lavish gardens and extravagant palaces are always capturing people’s imagination. You can also have a piece of that royal feel by giving your garden a regal transformation. To achieve that, you can:
- Grow Queen Elizabeth’s favourite flower, Lily of the valley
- Build a make-shift pavilion if you have enough space and enjoy high tea like the royals
- Install a solar fountain like the Kensington Palace
- Plant King Charles III’s beloved Delphinium
- Set up a wrought iron tea table and chair on your balcony
- Trim the shrubs in various shapes
Which herbs can be grown indoors in India?
Growing herbs in your home garden for cooking ensures a consistent supply without needing to go out shopping every few days and spending money on it. Aside from being healthy and sustainable, they can also brighten up your kitchen. Here are some of the most common and easy-to-grow herbs and vegetables indoors:
- Coriander or dhaniya
- Mint or pudina
- Basil or tulsi
- Curry leaves
What’s the easiest way to maintain a kitchen herb garden?
Here are some easy tips to keep your kitchen herb garden blooming and fresh:
- Ensure your pots have proper drainage or invest in self-draining pots
- Make sure to use indoor potting soil
- Position your herbs on the window sill or any area where they can soak in the required sunlight
- Water them occasionally, but not excessively
- Make sure to plant each herb in a separate pot
- Proper air circulation is essential for maintaining the good health of your herbs
- If you are a beginner, start with one or two herbs, don’t go overboard