Metal kitchen cabinets are just what your kitchen needs. Here is a quick take on how to adopt them.
Are you one of those who like to adopt modern kitchen interiors while keeping them budget-friendly? Well, you have come to the right place where we tell you all about opting for metal kitchen cabinets and storage spaces that you can pick.
Everyone wants their kitchen space to be accessible and comfortable. That is where metal cabinets come to your rescue. They may look cold, but metal cabinets take the trophy when it comes to maintenance. While wooden cabinets are also popular, you will be spoilt for choice after checking out our inventory of metal kitchen cabinets for your home.
The All-Steel Kitchen
Metal is used for kitchen storage because it is easy to maintain, especially when heavy usage is a priority. It involves rough handling, whether reaching for utensils or spices or cutlery. When you opt for an all-steel kitchen, it means not just having metal cabinets but also metal countertops. This way, it has an aesthetic appeal and makes it easy for you to clean up and maintain it in the long run.
If you have a small space dedicated to your kitchen, consider kitchen cabinet metal sliding shelves while saving space instead of doors opening out to you. Utilising the space under the countertop and the wall gives you an ample storage area and keeps the kitchen neat.
The Modular Metal Kitchen Cabinets
A modular kitchen is popular in present-day homes where multiple things are fitted together. While appliances such as the oven, chimney, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc., have a metallic body, cabinets can also be made of metal to complement these. Metal cabinetry complements all kitchen designs and is far more convenient than its wooden counterparts. Adding warm lights and a wooden floor balances the area without making it look cold.
The Matte-Finish Metal Cabinets
Everything shines when you use metal for your kitchen cabinet. Or not? You can always opt for metal cabinets with a matte finish. It doesn’t always have to be of silver colour, and you can experiment with colours depending on your preference. You can ask the experts about options such as spray painting or using external panels to lend a smooth touch. If you have a large area dedicated to your kitchen, this idea can work wonders.
Why Are Metal Kitchen Cabinets Preferred Over The Rest?
In the context of the fast-paced lives of people living in urban homes, a metal kitchen cabinet should always be the first thing to come to your mind. Here’s why.
- Metal kitchen cabinets are moisture-resistant. They wouldn’t absorb the steam from food unlike wood.
- The same goes for heat and accidental spillage. On wood, these can cause damage, while the same on a metal body will not harm.
- Sanitation and hygiene become a concern when you work in the kitchen with raw vegetables, meat, etc. and that is when metal repels the growth of bacteria and other viruses.
- While the world has started to become environmentally friendly, metal kitchen cabinets are better than wooden ones. Metal is easily recyclable.
How To Care For Your Metal Kitchen Cabinets?
- Dust the shelves and the doors first before opting for any other cleaning method. Metal doesn’t absorb dirt, and cleaning liquid on loose dust is messy.
- When there is a lot of stubborn grime, especially on the cabinets around the cooking area, use a mixture of dishwashing liquid and water. This softens the grime and makes it easy for you to clean.
- If you haven’t cleaned the metal kitchen cabinets for long and there is a lot of grime, search for cleaning liquids or rubbing alcohol at the grocery stores. They work wonders.
- The edges of the cabinets, especially the ones that touch the floor, can begin rusting sometimes. To restore metal kitchen cabinets, use a ball of steel wool to rub on the rusty edge and ensure it doesn’t go beyond. If the rusted area is visibly large, use metal paint that matches the actual colour.
You can always take help from an expert at DesignCafe when installing metal kitchen cabinets for your home. They would always ensure that you have the right thing for your kitchen that lasts long.