Which is your most ideal place to enjoy a hot cup of coffee or read your favourite book during summer or the rains? We bet it is the balcony, isn’t it? Make it more luxurious with these amazing balcony window designs
Your balcony is the focal point of your apartment both from the exteriors and the interiors. Not only does the right balcony window design count but also the right balcony window grill design. Both of them in a perfect combination can leave a long-lasting impression on your friends, family and guests whenever they drop by on special occasions.
Balcony windows serve multiple purposes, a few of which are:
- They are a great medium to let fresh air and natural sunlight enter the room in a regulated manner.
- They accentuate the appearance of your home and make it more visually appealing from both sides.
- They protect you from excess dust, rain and heat during drastic weather conditions.
And of course, there are some things to keep in mind while designing your balcony windows as well:
- The unified and aesthetic balance between the balcony window design and the overall design theme of your house.
- The right amount of privacy (~you can check out switchable privacy glass for your balcony windows).
- The right amount of safety and security measures based on location (laminated safety glass).
- The right degree of sound protection/sound absorption and energy efficiency (~thermal insulation).
- The kind of view that it is providing you of the outside environment.
- The kind of material you use to build balcony windows (wood, uPVC, aluminium) and the type of glass you use.
- The durability, strength and performance of the balcony window design.
- The shape of your balcony, the layout and types as well (check out this guide to designing your balcony and guide to decorating your balcony).
- The mechanism of opening and closing the windows (sliding/outswing/tilt and turn)
- The right amount of thermal insulation.
Balcony Window Design #1
This glass window design for the balcony with wooden frames gives the space a very warm and earthy look. The window frame is large enough to let sufficient sunlight enter the area and enjoy the city views. They come with an easy handle and outswing mechanism and they blend in with the design theme of the balcony.
Balcony Window Design #2
This balcony window design with large opaque glass windows fitted within the white wooden frames is the perfect choice for you if you are looking for something that gives you complete privacy. These windows come with a lift-out mechanism wherein you can slide the window from the bottom outwards and hook it in place.
Balcony Window Design #3
This balcony window design with grip handles helps you open windows easily and conveniently. They take up a considerable amount of space when you need to open them so make sure you have a large room to integrate them with. They look extremely luxurious and modern and complement the balcony decor too.
Balcony Window Design #4
This uPVC balcony window design looks absolutely gorgeous and acts as a stunning focal point in this living room. If you see carefully, you can see that this big window frame houses two differently sized windows — one regular and one extra-large. You can open either of these two windows depending upon the amount of light you want to soak in.
Balcony Window Design #5
You can also choose this sliding balcony window design with a touch-lock mechanism if you’re looking for something with an easy grip and high security. While opting for sliding windows, do spare a serious thought on good-quality glazing and the type of glazing (cold/warm) you want to use and ensure that the sliding mechanism works well.
We hope this blog post has given you a fair enough idea of the types of balcony window designs that are popular in the interior design space these days. So, don’t wait, get the ball rolling and have fun designing your balcony windows as per your unique style and personality. We at Design Cafe are eagerly waiting for you in the comment box below to share your balcony transformation journeys.