Building Materials, Consumer Services, Home Decors
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Understanding consumer behaviour and preferences
- Ability to create product range plans and financial plans
- Be responsible for product portfolio and vendor relationships; negotiate with vendors for pricing, delivery timelines etc.
- Be responsible for sales throughput
- Make decisions on channels of sale(online/offline)
- Someone who can take it from 0 to 1 and evolve the entire catalogue as a business
Desired profile of the candidate
- On-ground experience in merchandising for similar categories/industries
- Experience in similar industries a plus (like interior design firms, furniture, real estate, etc)
- Experience is pear heading/launching business verticals – including and not limiting to P&L management, vendor management, team hiring and management, marketing and branding strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- 3+ years’ experience in category management – preferably in e-Commerce and Retail Industry
Academic: MBA from Tier I college